The Ultimate Niggle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you've done it now! I'm forced to break out the secret weapon: We've had translators working, in joke-proof conditions, to try and translate a German version of the funniest joke in the world. They worked on one word each for greater safety. One of them saw two words of the joke, and spent several weeks in hospital.

Ready... Tell joke!

"Wenn ist das Nunstruck git un Slotermeyer? Ja!... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

COME AND SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Help Help, I'm being repressed!

Sociology:

What is the connection between computer wargamers and Monty Python? Seems like a lot of guys chimed in on the fun this afternoon.

Any educated guesses?

------------------

Scouts Out!

And the lord spake, saying "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Another problem with CM.

I don't think they got their translations correct for some forign troops. When my men are taking a break I've never heard one of them utter:

"I will not by this record it is scratched"

or

" my hovercraft is full of eels."

or

" I want to fondle your buttocks."

the last one may be in, but I haven't played as the british much.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Guest olebooya

While we are pointing out innacuracies....one of the small heavy buildings is made of Pennsylvania fieldstone.....native only to the eastern US....i want my $$$$$ back

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise...our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...Our four...no...amongst our weapons...amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise...I'll come in again

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms- oh damn!

Does my old heart good to hear all the Monty Python quotes.

And yes I know that Cardinal Ximinez actually says those lines but I always liked the name Cardinal Fang.

If you'll excuse me I have a comfy chair to fo fetch.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Once the number three, being the third number, be reached then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One...

Two...

Five..

(er... 3, sir)

THREE!

Fatang!

What was that?

Ohhh! It looks like an american robin.

It smells like one..

And further more... [tasting noises] ...it tastes like an american robin!

Let me try a slice. Hummm, Bil! This robin is beautifully cooked.

Yes, we've made it in the oven all night!

Well, Bil, ahahahaha, this is the end of your nefarious career!

------------------

"Pink Floyd, a load of old twaddle"-John Lydon