The Ultimate Niggle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

(Ahem) all Pythonesque references aside I must come clean and give some history on this subject.

Ahh yes (cue dream sequence) it seemed like only yesterday...yesterday yesterday...

Steve: Ok, lets call this Beta Team meeting to order...Do we have any old business to discuss?

Rune: Yeah, where is the T-28?

Steve: umm, any OTHER old business? Anyone? Yes, go ahead Dan.

Kwazydog: Well we still haven't gotten that running MG team with the skipable HE rounds quiet hashed out.

Charles: Skkkipping? Skkipping?!!!

ALL: Oh no!

Charles: YOU WANT TO SEE SOME SKIPPING? I' LL SHOW YOU ALL SOME DAMN SKIPPING ROUNDS!

Madmatt: AGhh, let me go...Please!

Fionn: You know Charles if you use a loosen your grip around his throat slightly but press down your thumb at a 38 degree angle into his adams apple you will more than likely...

Madmatt: SHUT UP, HE ISgsssh Choking meeeee...help..

Steve: Get the Tranqs! Quick! Oh damn, who lit off the smoke round?

Wild Bill: I can't see him through this smoke!

Rune: Shoot Bill, SHOOT!

Wild Bill: But I can't!!!

Madmatt: aghhh glurbp...mother...

Charles: Skip this you piece of...

Steve: Crap! Charles, put Madmatt down! SNAP OUT IF IT!!!

Fionn: Perhaps if I analyze the implications that this behavior has as seen from a world perspective but with data drawn from various uber-sources that...

ALL: SHUT UP!

Wild Bill: The smoke is clearing, I got a shot!

Madmatt: aghhh glurblle GLUTE!

Rune: He's Hit!

Steve: Right on target!

Bil: Chew on this pineapple Fritz!

All: ???

Bil: Err never mind..

Steve: Damn, that's the fourth time this week we had to tranq Charles! Ok, meeting adjourned, somebody get the harness for Charles...

And unfortunately the topic of the American Songbirds never had the chance to come up after that...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-13-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peterk:

The robins could have been brought over from stateside. Didn't some boys in the 101st airborne bring carrier robins with them on their drops?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, brave Sir Robin brought them over..and then promptly fled...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Just who was in charge of the Birdsong Testing Committee? I demand his resignation!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As chairman of the Beta Testers Wildlife Sound Committee for Combat Mission(hereafter known as BeTWiSCoCoM) I take offense to the above listed charge that the bird sounds were in fact from an "American Robin" and not from the European variety. BeTWisCoCom searched far and wide for just the right bird sounds. In fact the bird sound you hear in CM is not the familier "chirp" sound that is often attributed to the American variety of Robin, but rather it is the "schirp" more common to the French and English variety Wobin, more commonly known in England as the English Robin. This particular bird's ancestry can be traced back to the 10th Century when a famous Knight of English tradition took the name of this most fierce of small bug eaters. Sir Robin was known far and wide as a bird lover, and he had a traveling troupe that would sing his tales of conquest wherever he went... but I digress.

As you can see, there was not one segment of Combat Mission that was not researched to the highest degree and carefully double checked by every member of the Beta Team. In particular I think we can take immense pride in the successful inclusion of the European variety of the Wobin. I am deeply offended. I just hope Steve doesn't hear about this, as the bird sounds were his little pet project and held the games release for 6 months until this particular sound could be nailed to the perch... so to speak.

Good day gentlemen. wink.gif

Bil Hardenberger

Chairman BeTWiSCoCoM

Beta Tester

MDMP Artist

Bane of Fionn

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 07-13-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Hey Bil? You selling any of that Fionn's Bane stuff?

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

This thread is the funnest I have ever seen?

Now everyone can download the scenario I made...

You must cut down the tallest tree in the forest with...a herring!!!

A herring?

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You must cut down the tallest tree in the forest ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cut down trees? Right, I can do that because:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,

I work all night and I sleep all day ...

Can't remember the rest of it immediately but it has something to do with mama.

Joe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shep:

Re: 101st Airborne...

You mean the Screaming (african? or european?) Eagles?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Squawking (is that word?) chickens, more likely, looking at their performance under my command in *censored*.

Bil, can I have some of that 'Bane of Fionn' stuff too? He wants to slap me with a frozen trout...

BTW, nobody ever replied to my request for a 16ton FOO, and for advanced camouflaging (aka 'The Python Hole').

And the English squads are not looking very camp...

Now, as an average man in the street...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Bil, can I have some of that 'Bane of Fionn' stuff too? He wants to slap me with a frozen trout...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he still using that tactic? Shame on you Fionn! That was against the Geneva Convention...

As for the Advanced Camo (Python Hole) and the 16 ton FOO; these were all shot down in conception as being outside the scope of CM... everyone knows that the Python Hole and the 16ton FOO were strategic assets.

While everyone agreed that the looks of the English squads, while being stiff, actually are very realistic as they come with that "stick in the Butt" look that we have have all grown to know and love (no offense intended to any English out there with this particular trait).

As for getting some of that bane of Fionn, I am afraid that I must keep it all to myself.. tongue.gif

Bil

[This message has been edited by Bil Hardenberger (edited 07-13-2000).]

Why not take a holidy in Sweden this year? Come see the lovely fjords and møøse.

A møøse once bit my sister, you know. No, really, she was carving her initials in its side...

Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella-Stand Jasper Wednesday pop pop Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable Neigh Arthur Norman Michael squeak Featherstone Smith whistle Northgot Edwards Harris Bang Bang Mason chuff-chuff-chuff Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert We'll Keep a Welcome in the Bang Bang Bang Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin squeak Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head Darcy Carter honk Pussycat Don't Sleep in the Subway Barton Mannering hoot whoop Smith MP (Very Silly Party)

"Grouse" as much as you want, gents, on robin sounds and levels of swallow "laden" capacity.

I, for one, think that the weapons/unit database is still lacking until a certain little "rabbit" is included (at least for DYO scenarios with a UK setting).

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

RIGHT!!!

That's it! I'm ending this thread and I'm taking you all with me!!!

Wenn ist das Nunstück gut und Slottermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sir,

I must protest vigorously against this attempt to slight the honour of the average poster by imposing arbitrary restraints. Never have I seen this happen in this great nation of whose before. And for deliberately disclosing state secrets, the poster should know better.

Sincerely,

Walter Martyn-Flails-Smythe Lt.Col. MBE, AC/DC, IOU, VC, DOOBIDOO (ret.dec.)

------------------

Andreas