Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Graphical Problem

I am using a P2 450 128 megs of ram and a 12 meg Voodoo 2 card. I am running Direct X 7. I have installed the latest patch 1.01. And I tried changing my desktop down to 800x600 (didnt work). When there is an explosion now all I see are psychadelic colors that are transparent. I was thinking this could be Direct x 7 problem? Any ideas. I wish I could post a picture but I havent been able to capture it.

Most likely the problem is that your Voodoo2 card is set as the primary display device for Direct3D apps. Combat Mission doesn't work all that well with Voodoo2 cards. Do you have a decent primary video card? If so, I would highly recommend using it as the display device for Direct3D apps when playing Combat Mission. (Normally there is an option under your display properties to enable/disable the Voodoo2 card as the Direct3D card.)

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, the Voodoo2 doesn't show transparency very well. You will probably need to press SHIFT-I once or twice to switch to the "fast and compatible" smoke graphics option.

Charles