Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

One Question Concerning Repairing Vehicles in Operations

From what I see in Fionn's battles against the Amis, you can repair knocked out and immobilized vehicles as long as they aren't brewed up. That's why Fionn pumps rounds into already knocked out Shermans wink.gif. But, I could be wrong. Fionn?

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

Yes, that's pretty much right Sos...

Also I strongly believe in the old "engage it till it burns" doctrine wink.gif.

In battle once I knock out an enemy vehicle I engage a different one but if no other enemy vehicles are in sight I'll take 20 or 30 seconds and hit the knocked out vehicle a few times so as to brew it up and be sure it can't be repaired.

The reason why I wanted to know this is because as US, it took me about 4 turns to brew up a stug from 150 m with a Sherman. Getting German vehicles to brew up as the Americans takes too long. How about if we don't get he enemy vehicle to brew up but we their knocked out vehicle is in your territory? (i.e., you knock out a stug at the base of hill A and when the battle os over, you have secured hill A). Can this vehicle get repaired by the enemy?

All American

------------------

perviously known as Kid

As far as I've seen if a knocked out vehicle is behind your end-line a the end of the battle then it isn't recovered by the enemy.

That's one good thing with the 128/L55.. It doesn't care if the Sherman has wet storage or not it simply brews that sucker up wink.gif.

It's been a LONG time since I studied this, but weren't most German AFV's Diesel powered, vs, most allied AFV's which were gasoline powered??? If this is so, does CM take this into account, by making perhaps the German AFV's harder to set afire?

Just curious..........

------------------

Darryl

Guest Babra

Most Shermans (except the A2) were gas driven, but their Ronson rep comes from the ammo stowage rather than the fuel. Fires were drastically reduced when they went to wet stowage.

I was under the impression most, if not all, German armour was gas driven as well due to diesel shortages.

------------------

It's "BAB-ra!"