HANDS UP FOR OUT OF THE DUST III

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually your about a 1/2 of year off.

I will be willing to run a third tournament but I am in no mood to make scenario's for it at this time. It requires 6, three to get the first round going. So unless there is some scenario designers out there that would like their CMBO work to be used for a tournament I do not see it happening soon.

So, lets start with that question, is there anyone that would like to submit to me scenario's that have not been available to the public, in other words, these players would be playing them blind - gareenteed. The only requirement on design is the battles must be around 30 turns, 35 Max. Maps can range in size but prefer battles without a huge amount of forces. The players are having to play 3 battles at the same time and each battle should be able to have its moves entered in about 20 minutes. One or two larger battles might be accepted but that is my call, I like one in each round but it still needs to be limited on the number of units to be playable in a reasonable amount of time.

We will see if anyone out there still is doing this type of work - or not, leaving you to have to wait for me to throw something together.

I may be able to help. A while back I started designing a series of scenarios which I had planned on submitting as a small pack. The central theme was that each side was limited to only 1000 points, with an emphasis on presenting different situations and challenges for both players. Although these were built in CMAK, it should be no problem to convert the pick of the litter to CMBO as long as forces are compatible. I may be able to submit 2-3 scenarios.

Would this be of interest to you all?

Great, Kingfish does excellent work, so that will help in the scenario department.

I would need at least one other person to submit scenario's

So Major Tum,

if we can get 10 or more to commit again to play, most of the old bunch might be up for it and then as many new players as would like to play as long as no one black balls them from a poor H2H email experence with them. We be ready to go and I could start setting up the tournament for you.

Anyone new that would be interested, Just look up "out of the dust Tournaments" 1 & 2 on this Forum site to see rules, how it is handled and previous results.

A few comments,

First, you cannot submit scenarios if you are playing, You are not playing blind ----- Lets think here.

Second, No I cannot play, I set the passwords, have access to all scenarios and could not be a fair judge if needed to be called on - thus I do not get to enjoy the benifits of my labor.

Third, since I do have to but in time and effort to run this, I like to have enough particibate to make it worthy of the effort. I could run one with any number of players, the point is I will run it if enough join. A absolute minimun with 6 scenarios is 8 players.

Forth, I have not emailed Kingfish yet, but from his statement, I count that as one or two scenario's, that is not close to 6 as of yet.

Lets give this a little time and see what additional response will be had before making any decisions. I am sure many do not bother even viewing this portion of the site anymore.

Although I don't have any scenarios to give, I'd like to participate. I've put in quite a few PBEM games, so I might be a worthy opponent!

Originally posted by slysniper:

Third, since I do have to but in time and effort to run this, I like to have enough particibate to make it worthy of the effort. I could run one with any number of players, the point is I will run it if enough join. A absolute minimun with 6 scenarios is 8 players.

Forth, I have not emailed Kingfish yet, but from his statement, I count that as one or two scenario's, that is not close to 6 as of yet.

Originally posted by slysniper:

Actually, at the moment I have two at about 90% completion (need briefings), two more at about 50% (map is complete and have settled on a theme, but need to add forces and briefings) and one more at about 25% (forces and theme selected but needs map and briefing).

The first two at 90% are fictional British attack in the Netherlands and historical German attack in the Ardennes. The two 50% are both fictional, one features a Polish attack in Belgium (may change) and combination meeting engagement / German attack in Normandy. The final one is a semi-historical American attack in Brittany.

That should provide a nice variety of forces, region and time frame.

I've taken advantage of maps designed by others to give me a head start, and the ones I've chosen are very nice.

That said, I agree with Sly about waiting to see how this all shakes out. The responses so far have been encouraging, hopefully we can add to it.

Mntineer, You are more than welcome to join, actually, this is open to any player other than someone that has dropped out for not finishing matches in previous events.

Invite others that you know of that still play CMBO. This has been a great system, the players seem to enjoy it and we have been very sucessful in having about 85% manage to complete the tournaments that have started. In the past it takes about 4 months to complete, three scenarios each round and only 2 rounds.

Anyone wanting in just needs to say so in this forum and make sure you have a email in your provile so that I can contact you.

Kingfish, it sounds great, if you could work to finish 3 that would be all we need to get going on this thing. If only 8 want to play I could run it with only two scenarios per round, so you are close to that already.

7 players seem interested so far, I think we will pick up a few more before you can get me completed scenarios hopefully.

Thanks for you willingness to provide us some scenarios.

Good to hear from you Miles, for the few of you that do not know he is the champion from the first event and earned it with consistant strong play and showings in each scenario. It will be good to have you back.

Bert had a good chance in the last event but the flames of war nailed him in the second round last time.

It appears that we have a go on this tournament, the scenarios for round one will be ready shorty, that means I need to know who is sincere about playing so I can start a match up chart for the two rounds.

You can send a email to me direct, please provide the email address you will be wanting to use for the tournament that the other players will be using, we will send it out as an email, only those playing will receive it.

Tum, if you would not mind, send a email to all those here that have shown interest so that everyone is aware they need to email me. My email is in my provile, this will be the one to always contact me by.

We have 9 here listed, we will see about picking up a few more but I will send out scenarios once I have a even number of players and the scenarios in hand.