Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMFB Mini Campaign: Fire and Ice

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Installed well here, looks good.

Yes I think Energy Flash by Joey Beltram would work 😆.  Is there anyone 'in the house' who knows the track?

Okay, I'll just get my coat...

I only got a "C" when I took O-level Geography back in the 1970s. But, even I know the Queens is not in Belgium. I had in mind someone born in Liberchies, and of course making music at the time in question.

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Or, I might go Belgian.

>Oh oh oh with this you will have several tests to apply, first to go in a pub like every Belgians untill the evening, inlcuded and speciatly the Sunday, I propose to have some friends to take the atmosphere, cooking in a  correct way with corrects ingredients a french pommes fries, than drinking a Pale Ale in a good time, for each second lost you will receive another one, than enumerated all beers available in Belgium and determinated the ones that have automatiquely a cheese of the same name than enumerated the ones that don't have any cheese.

Tell us what is a "witeke" others test are to the other side of the page 2 that I will read later if you do already correctly the first tests I have first to talking with the testers in belgium., communication is not the best for now,...than we can thinking to your wish, but I think this is not for now...

And I forgot, remember this, there is no such thing as dirty tricks in Belgium or money under the table... least not everybody is able to use it, just perhaps the politicians, and theirs friends...

Hahaha. As much as I love Belgian beers, I was actually talking about making a music mod. And musicians born in Belgium who recorded tunes here in Limeyland shortly before the war.

26 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Hahaha. As much as I love Belgian beers, I was actually talking about making a music mod. And musicians born in Belgium who recorded tunes here in Limeyland shortly before the war.

>hm hm wrong way !!

Anyway, I know Liberchies but not the music makers 😊

15 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Queens is not in Belgium

There may be some Queens in Belgium?

Anyhoo, although Joey was born in Queens, his musical style is predominantly Belgian Techno.  But I was of course trying (and failing) to make a joke, I'm well aware of your dislike for 'modern' music, at least in the context of playing CM.  As one who used to play SH3 The Grey Wolves to the sounds of the German national anthem I can hardly disagree.  This may however have subsequently led to my reputation for being the Nazi in the village 😉.  Which I'm not.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

There may be some Queens in Belgium?

Anyhoo, although Joey was born in Queens, his musical style is predominantly Belgian Techno.  But I was of course trying (and failing) to make a joke, I'm well aware of your dislike for 'modern' music, at least in the context of playing CM.  As one who used to play SH3 The Grey Wolves to the sounds of the German national anthem I can hardly disagree.  This may however have subsequently led to my reputation for being the Nazi in the village 😉.  Which I'm not.

Yeah. Phil Saxe-Coburg und Gotha's queen is Mathilde. She was born in the wonderfully named Edith Cavell Hospital in Uccle. Not to be confuddled with the Edith Cavell statue at the bottom of St. Martin's Lane.

As for SH3 I used to use a mixture of tracks by Charlie and his Orchestra, and degenerate music such as Ella's drug classic "Wacky Dust".

Edited by Warts 'n' all

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Yeah. Phil Saxe-Coburg und Gotha's queen is Mathilde. She was born in the wonderfully named Edith Cavell Hospital in Uccle. Not to be confuddled with the Edith Cavell statue at the bottom of St. Martin's Lane.

As for SH3 I used to use a mixture of tracks by Charlie and his Orchestra, and degenerate music such as Ella's drug classic "Wacky Dust".

Are you sure to be a really British or Scottish or Irish ?

or have you some Belgian roots ?

(I said all to don't make mistakes because when I said that you are British without to know that you are...you will tell me are you crazy when I said that you are Scottish you will tell me never in the life when I tell you you are Irish you will tell me do you want die early as your day have to come, so to be sure I said all British Isles to avoid problems ) 😇

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Are you sure to be a really British or Scottish or Irish ?

I'm Anglo-Irish. My dad's family came to England from the continent in the 1500s. But Granddad Paddy was from County Meath in Ireland, and came over here during the depression. Then won us the war with a little bit of help from Spike Milligan.

5 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'm Anglo-Irish

I was always told I had a bit of Irish in me (not to be confused with Phil Lynnot's question about girls in the Thin Lizzy audience).  Years later it turns out I may have quite a bit of Scottish in me (it's either that or the postman has).  That must be why I'm such a fan of @George MC, not because of his excellent work 😉.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, JM Stuff said:

Welcome in the CM world and thank you to yours comments.

Yes in the beginning is a little chaotic the way to know how mods and scencamp work but take only in mind that when the scencamp are in the correct place locate in your Game files respectively with the same name you cannot make any conflicts or mistakes.

Mods have to be normally in your Z or ZZZ folder (more Z you added in your Z folder more chance you will have that the game read and apply your last  effect from your mod) but of course you don't have to exaggerate 😄...

For my part I have a ZZZ folder and a Zzzzzzzz Subfolder (because I make some "last minit tests" ) but is only me, you don't have to have the same structure.

(before to place a new mod)

Important is to delete or take another place all  the content of your Z folder to another place, outside of your Data folder,  because the game read all in your data and all will be taking and apply, when you start a new scencamp, created for exemple a folder "For later Use" or whatever of your choice and put your old mods that you can take later .

Take a copy or place  the full wishing Mod "Brue", and put it in your Z or ZZZ folder.
Be sure to put the scen camp appropriated as mentioned above.
Don't forget to put also your tag file in your scen or camp, that he take the mod and his effects added from the modders.

I hope my advices are explicitly enough and helpful if you have some doubt don't be afraid to ask in the forum, many nembers will help you, and you will always receive the wishing answer, also when I explain something wrong, there will be always somebody to show us the correct way.

Remember
There is no silly questions, but sometimes silly answer.

JM

On 8/18/2024 at 10:49 AM, dragonwynn said:

Yes that’s correct. The mods in the folder are tagged for this campaign only so they shouldn’t interfere with other mods. The only exception is what I previously posted in the campaign release post. If you have Umlauts Snowy Panther and Snowy sdk 251D then go into that folder and delete the [snow] tag only and you should be good

Thank you both for you explanations.  I figured I couldn't break it, but by asking I could avoid some trial and error until I got it right. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I was always told I had a bit of Irish in me (not to be confused with Phil Lynnot's question about girls in the Thin Lizzy audience).  Years later it turns out I may have quite a bit of Scottish in me (it's either that or the postman has).  That must be why I'm such a fan of @George MC, not because of his excellent work 😉.

I’m actually 50% Scandinavian and 41% Scots. The rest is Iberian with a wee dash of Italian :)

On 8/18/2024 at 8:17 AM, Sweed59 said:

First thankyou to dragonwynn and JM for all of the hard work providing this campaign. 

I'm still fairly new to CM2 and have my Z folder pretty much squared away with some all in ones and a few more things I've added on my own.  For this campaign would I put the "Brue Mods" folder into my Z folder and name it so it loads last?  Then remove it when not playing this campaign?

In general it seems I see quite a few scenarios being put out there with specific mod folders and I'm never quite sure how I should go about using those folders?  I'd appreciate any thoughts on how you veterans go about incorporating these files in your game without creating any conflicts.

Thanks.  

I use a mod management tool known as JSGME for all of the games I have. It requires a little front-end setup work, but it is really very useful for turning mods on and off. It also works for managing other game files as well. I don't have an up to date download link for it, but it is widely used so should be easy to find.

Below is a link to an old (from 2008) FAQ over on Matrix that explains it fairly well.
[FAQ] JSGME MOD Enabler

HTH

Edited by OldSarge

15 minutes ago, OldSarge said:

I use a mod management tool known as JSGME for all of the games I have. It requires a little front-end setup work, but it is really very useful for turning mods on and off. It also works for managing other game files as well. I don't have an up to date download link for it, but it is widely used so should be easy to find.

Below is a link to an old (from 2008) FAQ over on Matrix that explains it fairly well.
[FAQ] JSGME MOD Enabler

HTH

Yes I use it sometimes also  and iis helpfull, my text with zzz and his Zzzzzz subfolders were refering to some severals tests that I have to check and apply specifics modifications if existing mods to created a perrsonal one, tagged or not.

Thanks to post the link.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

The custom Jeep (Bren) suffers the no wheels error when driving and has to be re-saved in Blender.

Thanks for the campaign!

Thank you, nice to see you around, I will check and try to fix it.

32 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Nice fix, guys. My tyres looked as the should.

It was too much snow between the wheels and was also frozen, ...now exist chaines, to arriving to the same result, you have simply to go down and let your knees be colder to fix it, (joke), thank you to your answer Spike !

Edited by JM Stuff

Although it will be some months before I fight this campaign. I've spent the morning putting together a music mod "Red Hot Berets in the Snow", consisting of a couple of tunes Django and the boys recorded in London just before the war. And I've also made a British themed force-specific background mod, to replace the US one.

3 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

And I've also made a British themed force-specific background mod, to replace the US one.

That sounds cool. Anyway you could send it to me to take a look? I might incorporate it into my copy.

37 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Although it will be some months before I fight this campaign. I've spent the morning putting together a music mod "Red Hot Berets in the Snow", consisting of a couple of tunes Django and the boys recorded in London just before the war. And I've also made a British themed force-specific background mod, to replace the US one.

33 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

That sounds cool. Anyway you could send it to me to take a look? I might incorporate it into my copy.

I appreciate your participation ,  a copy a copy a copy !!!!