Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMFB Mini Campaign: Fire and Ice

If you have been following the thread called Bloody Bure then you are aware of the WIP for this mini campaign JM and I have been working on. Well after a solid month of hard work and putting our collective heads together JM has given the official: "Open the flood gates so that "snow and blood" feel their screen" 😄.

So we are proud to release to you guys the CMFB Campaign: Fire and Ice. This Campaign requires the latest version of CMFB and the Downfall Module.

Please be sure to read the briefing notes as the campaign opens as it will give an About the Campaign for information on what's in the package. Also you can check out the designer notes that gives information on the actual battle as well as a first hand account by a British tank commander in the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry.

This project was the idea of JM who invited me to work with him to help put this thing together. He has created some very unique mods that are mod tagged which are listed  in the campaign briefing as well as kudos to authors of other mods we used. If we missed anyone I apologize in advance.

A note on mods: If you have Umlauts Snowy Panther and Snowy Sdk 251 mods in your z folder you will need to go to the folders for Panther G (early) and Sdk 251D and remove the mod tag [snow]. Because this mod tag is hard coded into the game it overrides our tag for Panther G early and Sdk251D. I have included screenshots in the optional folder of the Brue Mod folder included in the download so you know what our vehicles should look like. This was the only glitch I am aware of. No other vehicles were effected.

The download includes the mod folder and .cam file.

I have tested all the missions partially so if you come across any glitches or anything you would like addressed please let us know and we will make the necessary adjustments or fixes.

We both truly hope you enjoy this effort.

JM and Mike(dragonwynn)

Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/s5as4326ysahmuj/Fire_and_Ice.zip/file

Note: We hope to get it on Booties site as soon as we can.

3 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

If you have been following the thread called Bloody Bure then you are aware of the WIP for this mini campaign JM and I have been working on. Well after a solid month of hard work and putting our collective heads together JM has given the official: "Open the flood gates so that "snow and blood" feel their screen" 😄.

So we are proud to release to you guys the CMFB Campaign: Fire and Ice...

Yes, we are very happy to present to you this achievement, that we have carefully and stubbornly developed from real facts, almost unknown to some of us on the forum and beyond.

We are now finish with this project, this allow us to embark on another adventure, of which Michael asking me to take part, he has already given you a good overview, and of which he will keep you informed of its realization.

The CMBS Korean Campaign: Red Dragon

Edited by JM Stuff

Good job guys!

I had a quick look, those SAS look pretty nice and the map is not bad either. If everything is at he same level, this might be a very nice mini-campaign!

It's an invasive campaign though: you've invaded the CMFB splash screen!

58 minutes ago, Silentkilarz said:

Awesome, yall been killing the .cam lately. I cant even keep up!

37 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Good job guys!

I had a quick look, those SAS look pretty nice and the map is not bad either. If everything is at he same level, this might be a very nice mini-campaign!

It's an invasive campaign though: you've invaded the CMFB splash screen!

25 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Really loving the thin red line theme for the intro screen. My favorite WW2 movie by far.

>It is already a satisfaction to read you, thank you for your support, guys, of course there are some gaps but I think they are minimal, we especially wanted to bathe you in an atmosphere of chaotic cold and imbue you with the feeling that the soldiers had to endure, but also create scenarios and playable campaign, and I think it is a small success, thanks again, to my faithful work companion Michael @dragonwynn.

JM

First thankyou to dragonwynn and JM for all of the hard work providing this campaign. 

I'm still fairly new to CM2 and have my Z folder pretty much squared away with some all in ones and a few more things I've added on my own.  For this campaign would I put the "Brue Mods" folder into my Z folder and name it so it loads last?  Then remove it when not playing this campaign?

In general it seems I see quite a few scenarios being put out there with specific mod folders and I'm never quite sure how I should go about using those folders?  I'd appreciate any thoughts on how you veterans go about incorporating these files in your game without creating any conflicts.

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Sweed59 said:

First thankyou to dragonwynn and JM for all of the hard work providing this campaign. 

I'm still fairly new to CM2 and have my Z folder pretty much squared away with some all in ones and a few more things I've added on my own.  For this campaign would I put the "Brue Mods" folder into my Z folder and name it so it loads last?  Then remove it when not playing this campaign?

In general it seems I see quite a few scenarios being put out there with specific mod folders and I'm never quite sure how I should go about using those folders?  I'd appreciate any thoughts on how you veterans go about incorporating these files in your game without creating any conflicts.

Thanks.  

Welcome in the CM world and thank you to yours comments.

Yes in the beginning is a little chaotic the way to know how mods and scencamp work but take only in mind that when the scencamp are in the correct place locate in your Game files respectively with the same name you cannot make any conflicts or mistakes.

Mods have to be normally in your Z or ZZZ folder (more Z you added in your Z folder more chance you will have that the game read and apply your last  effect from your mod) but of course you don't have to exaggerate 😄...

For my part I have a ZZZ folder and a Zzzzzzzz Subfolder (because I make some "last minit tests" ) but is only me, you don't have to have the same structure.

(before to place a new mod)

Important is to delete or take another place all  the content of your Z folder to another place, outside of your Data folder,  because the game read all in your data and all will be taking and apply, when you start a new scencamp, created for exemple a folder "For later Use" or whatever of your choice and put your old mods that you can take later .

Take a copy or place  the full wishing Mod "Brue", and put it in your Z or ZZZ folder.
Be sure to put the scen camp appropriated as mentioned above.
Don't forget to put also your tag file in your scen or camp, that he take the mod and his effects added from the modders.

I hope my advices are explicitly enough and helpful if you have some doubt don't be afraid to ask in the forum, many nembers will help you, and you will always receive the wishing answer, also when I explain something wrong, there will be always somebody to show us the correct way.

Remember
There is no silly questions, but sometimes silly answer.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, Sweed59 said:

For this campaign would I put the "Brue Mods" folder into my Z folder and name it so it loads last?  Then remove it when not playing this campaign?

Yes that’s correct. The mods in the folder are tagged for this campaign only so they shouldn’t interfere with other mods. The only exception is what I previously posted in the campaign release post. If you have Umlauts Snowy Panther and Snowy sdk 251D then go into that folder and delete the [snow] tag only and you should be good

I've taken a look at the mod folder, it looks like you put a lot of work into that as well as the campaign itself. Obviously the music mod will have to go. I can't send my Limeys into battle with that in their ears. And it shouldn't take me too long to knock up something more period appropriate. There were plenty of decent tunes with a British theme being made by US Jazzers from the mid-30s onwards. Or, I might go Belgian.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

56 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Yes that’s correct. The mods in the folder are tagged for this campaign only so they shouldn’t interfere with other mods. The only exception is what I previously posted in the campaign release post. If you have Umlauts Snowy Panther and Snowy sdk 251D then go into that folder and delete the [snow] tag only and you should be good

I guess the CMFB spash screen is not possible to tag as well, so if one wants to get anotther one should find the campaign's splash screen and remove it form the z folder.

3 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

guess the CMFB spash screen is not possible to tag as well, so if one wants to get

Yea I tried tagging it but it still wanted to show up on regular battles. That’s why I made the splash optional

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

I guess the CMFB spash screen is not possible to tag as well, so if one wants to get anotther one should find the campaign's splash screen and remove it form the z folder.

Correct Pierre, I saw in CM there are already some files like "specifics background" pictures or "force choice screen" that can not be tagged the game take automatiquely the original one or the picture that you just swap with it, but don't accept it with a tag, and probably all around  the content  of  "user interface" I have to make some tests one day !!

Edited by JM Stuff

Installed well here, looks good.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Or, I might go Belgian.

Yes I think Energy Flash by Joey Beltram would work 😆.  Is there anyone 'in the house' who knows the track?

Okay, I'll just get my coat...

2 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Is there a way to add the beret/helmets to CMBN? When I do my paras get white chinstraps

Yes but later, I am busy with another project, and we just starting now, but later I had the idea to apply some mods and more for CMBN MG, also Normandy including comandos and french comandos plus exclusives things, also  inclusive the rope and the bandoliers in 3d but please later....thank you to stay on this and remind me if the time seem to be to long for you.

5 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Yes but later, I am busy with another project, and we just starting now, but later I had the idea to apply some mods and more for CMBN MG, also Normandy including comandos and french comandos plus exclusives things, also  inclusive the rope and the bandoliers in 3d but please later....thank you to stay on this and remind me if the time seem to be to long for you.

Right on thanks for the response!

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've taken a look at the mod folder, it looks like you put a lot of work into that as well as the campaign itself. Obviously the music mod will have to go. I can't send my Limeys into battle with that in their ears. And it shouldn't take me too long to knock up something more period appropriate. There were plenty of decent tunes with a British theme being made by US Jazzers from the mid-30s onwards. Or, I might go Belgian.

Or, I might go Belgian.

>Oh oh oh with this you will have several tests to apply, first to go in a pub like every Belgians untill the evening, inlcuded and speciatly the Sunday, I propose to have some friends to take the atmosphere, cooking in a  correct way with corrects ingredients a french pommes fries, than drinking a Pale Ale in a good time, for each second lost you will receive another one, than enumerated all beers available in Belgium and determinated the ones that have automatiquely a cheese of the same name than enumerated the ones that don't have any cheese.

Tell us what is a "witeke" others test are to the other side of the page 2 that I will read later if you do already correctly the first tests I have first to talking with the testers in belgium., communication is not the best for now,...than we can thinking to your wish, but I think this is not for now...

And I forgot, remember this, there is no such thing as dirty tricks in Belgium or money under the table... least not everybody is able to use it, just perhaps the politicians, and theirs friends...

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

I would be happy to try this test JM, where shall we meet 😉?

It would be a good thing Tim and I would be delighted but for the moment I am sticking to the beer here the ham and the tapas which are different from town to town, but above all a major element is always present even too often, the sun, Tim, a sun worthy of Texas, where we compare the temperature with Phill, when we had free time on the forum.

But even after getting to know each other it would not mean that you have indirectly gained your nationality as a Belgian citizen, you will first and foremost have to be brilliant in the obstacles that will stand before you, but I do not reject the the possibility of knowing each other one day my good friend.