Lies! All lies!

I'm playing a PBEM game of CM. It's one of the scenarios provided on the CD. The weather is "overcast." On p. 86 of the manual it says that "Fighter-Bombers appear only in clear weather." Tell that to the crew of my immobilized PzIV that just got wiped out by an Allied aircraft!

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

What's with the padlock mania?

------------------

Guderian's anger was monumental. He struggled for words. "To say that the troops are to blame – look at the casualties!" he raged. "Look at the losses! The troops did their duty! Their self-sacrifice proves it!" Hitler yelled back. "They failed!" he raged. "They failed."

I here-by announce that it is no longer a mystery.

Rob/1 IS an idiot. biggrin.gif

Now go ahead and padlock this puppy. tongue.giftongue.gif

But seriously, L.Tankersley had a legitimate arguement. So the question here is Overcast weather considered Clear?

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

Hey man, I never said I wasn't. biggrin.gif It takes years and years of practice. tongue.gif

Also, I call'em like I see'em. smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 10-23-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Maximus,

You will get ONE warning and this is it. Either you drop this Rob/1 slam fest that you have been entertaining yourself with for the last few weeks or you will be the first person that I ban. Are we absolutely crystal clear?!?

Just leave the kid alone, he isn't doing you or this board any harm but I am quickly losing my patience with you.

Now stop it!

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Leland,

Which battle is it? I was always under the impression that planes are in fact limtied to flying in clear weather only and would like to look into this more.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Madmatt, I made a scenario that started with clear weather and had aircraft in the force selection. Then I switched the weather to light fog and when I play the scenario the planes still fly. It seems that you can't purchase air units when the weather is less than clear, but that if purchased when clear, they remain in the force selection when the weather is changed. Perhaps this is a bug and the designer of the scenario did the same thing I did.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Madmatt, I made a scenario that started with clear weather and had aircraft in the force selection. Then I switched the weather to light fog and when I play the scenario the planes still fly. It seems that you can't purchase air units when the weather is less than clear, but that if purchased when clear, they remain in the force selection when the weather is changed. Perhaps this is a bug and the designer of the scenario did the same thing I did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WEll then...

sounds like if one wanted to be devilish and sneaky a player design and scenario, and Surprise the hell out of the Axis player with an airstrike on an over cast or rainy battlefield.

Thanks for the heads up....

I'm not sure this is really a bug, so much as an undocumented FEATURE smile.gif ( up until now)

I say leave it as is, smile.gif could come in handy later, maybe those aircraft took off in clear then it clouded over.....

keeps the Axis player on his toes!

Just a few random thoughts.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Which battle is it? I was always under the impression that planes are in fact limtied to flying in clear weather only and would like to look into this more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There be SPOILERS below!

It was "Move It Or Lose It."

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

If only Monty had known about that bug during Operation Market Garden!

------------------

Guderian's anger was monumental. He struggled for words. "To say that the troops are to blame – look at the casualties!" he raged. "Look at the losses! The troops did their duty! Their self-sacrifice proves it!" Hitler yelled back. "They failed!" he raged. "They failed."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

keeps the Axis player on his toes!

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, last I checked the Axis had access to fighter bombers as well, so it can work both ways smile.gif

My problem would be if my PBEM opponent tried this.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L.Tankersley:

There be SPOILERS below!

It was "..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you should've moved it!!

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Changing the time of year works the same way! If you set the time to April 1945, and give the US a few rifle platoons, they will be rifle 45s, of course. Now change the time to July 1944. They stay rifle 45 squads, thanks to the magic time machine.

BTS, this is a major possibility for cheating. You could give yourself an edge in a PBEM game by giving yourself 45 squads, with that extra BAR, MP44 for SS rifles, or whatever. Anyone agree?

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

It's not really a problem. If you're playing a QB then it can't happen and if you're playing with some one who would rig a scenario like that then you probably wouldn't want to finish the game anyway. I personally appreciate being able to mix historical TOE's. After all, Ike didn't wave a magic wand in Jan '45 and say "Abra ca-nowyou'reallrifle45squads-dabra".