Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Direct translation of ASL scenarios

This has been discussed before to some extent, but I guess I'm looking for a little bit more feedback from the peanut gallery.

I spent some of my time today at work wink.gif looking over the Beyond Valor scenarios. I only have ASL and Beyond Valor, and I would love to convert those scenarios to CM2. Guess I'll have to wait. Till then, I was just was wondering who out there was planning on doing direct ports of the scenarios from Yanks! and Pegasus Bridge and any other modules I am forgetting to CM. While ASL may not be the absolute tops in realism, the scenarios are carefully designed to make an interesting GAME, which I think would make for some fun PBEM battles. Besides, this project started out as Computer Squad Leader, right?

Anyway, if you're planning on working on some scenarios, sound off and let us know which ones.

P.S. Designers and Programmers that tell ignorant customers to kiss their ass? This IS the company for the grognard by the grognard!

------------------

"Never mind what Clausewitz thought! What do YOU think?"

Erwin Rommel as a young instructor at the Potsdam school of infantry.

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Los:

I've seen some ASL maps (2-4) done with the editor and they look very nice. It's really weird to actually get down at ground level and walk around these areas that us ASLers have fought so many battles over.

Los <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool! Me and a friend hope to create the Stoumont campaign from KGP I. Really look forward to see the 2-4 maps "for real" too smile.gif

Kettle B

Guest Big Time Software

The only potential problem is game balance. Since every game's units and rules are different, balance is only assured for the game a battle was designed for. Moon tried to do one early on and it was an utter cakewalk for the defense. I forget the exact reason why, but it comes as no surprise.

Steve

Guest John Pender

Steve,

You MUST change CM so we can play ASL scens smile.gif

Honestly I hope to see some SL ASL scens modified so as to be playable using the CM system. Ah the memories, and yes walking around SL boards 1-4 via CM sounds darn interesting.

Take care

John