Rollbahn D Losheim scenario map issue

I'm starting the 3rd scenario with Peiper's Spitze group in the Losheim area. I've read good things about these maps and was a bit discouraged to see the Our River depicted as this major river obstacle on this map when in fact it is little more than a ditch with driveway culverts in this headwaters area. Looks like this one relied more on modern day google maps than the period topo used in the briefing, which is odd. Using the river tiles forced the topography to warp it all to fantasy land.

I know I'm being pedantic here but it didn't make sense to me when the historic topo seemed to be available for these maps.

Don't know about the area you mentioned but when I did research for my scenario Rittersprung I saw photos and period topo map of the Our River near Ouren (Belgium/Luxembourg border area. And it is definitely was an obstacle to be considered and far from "just a ditch". At least there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi no probs with being pedantic, and hope you enjoy the campaign. Absolutely correct, and you cannot beat walking the ground in scenario design. I've discovered more info as time goes on, better pictures of Buchholz station and Lanzerath have come to light, for example the location of the old church as opposed to the modern one, but you can only try your best with resources you have access to at the time. I did base Losheim water courses on the attached, so genuine error if incorrect. 

image.png