The Combat Mission Manuals.

I like to see a more detailed manuals. Too often new players ask questions and we can't reference the manuals for an explanation. It is all trial and error. Example they mistake the radio icon for the actual icon. In FB and RT-FR units access radio by mounting a friendly AFV. But can's access any other radio from nearby friendly units. 

radioicon.png

Maybe I am too much old school, but what‘s the problem? We „old“ guys had to muddle through many iterations of CM and managed to love the game.

Plus, on a higher level: Is that not like real life? There is no „real life manual”. Try and error is a valid strategy. Different to RL, in a game it does not really matter if you fail.

Hmmm, thinking further: It may even be a valuable experience to carry back from gaming to RL…

On 5/9/2023 at 9:51 PM, chuckdyke said:

I like to see a more detailed manuals. Too often new players ask questions and we can't reference the manuals for an explanation. It is all trial and error. Example they mistake the radio icon for the actual icon. In FB and RT-FR units access radio by mounting a friendly AFV. But can's access any other radio from nearby friendly units. 

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Does "mistaking the radio icon for the actual icon" means that a player doesn't understand the difference between having a radio in the unit and being in contact through a nearby vehicle's radio? The manual is actually very clear on that. Different icons in different places mean different things.

49 minutes ago, Holman said:

means that a player doesn't understand the difference between having a radio in the unit and being in contact through a nearby vehicle's radio?

Exactly recently it was mentioned that the radio sometimes went missing. BF should learn the customer is always right. The manual looks like it has been done by an amateur. But an enthusiastic one. I find it sloppy.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this post. yes, I completely agree with you, it is a must for players.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, chuckdyke said: