Captured Tigers at St Nazaire?

Linked is a story of the German magazine Der Spiegel about a repaired Tiger, which shall be displayed in the column of the next Liberation Parade in Paris. So far so good.

But the paper also speaks about a unit, probably company, of captured Tigers, which was used by French forces during the liberation of St Nazaire. I never heard about such a tale. Did anybody else? @Falaise ???

https://www.spiegel.de/ausland/restaurierter-wehrmachtspanzer-soll-bei-franzoesischer-befreiungsparade-mitfahren-a-15d9a6b8-b383-42d6-8da8-811ca1e39fb8

Yes the tank was recovered in the pocket of Falaise in late August early September 1944 in the village of Bierre exactly.
I had the opportunity to discuss with one of the resistants who had participated in its recovery and that he used it.
The French have recovered a certain number of tanks: pzIV, panther and tiger. They were used in the battles of the Atlantic pocket where the Germans had none, thus avoiding the risk of friendly fire.
This tiger was baptized Brittany which for us Norman is an affront.
he no longer had an optic  and the witness explained to me that he looked through the tube to take aim. It was used as a mobile artillery piece

On 5/8/2023 at 8:27 AM, Falaise said:

Yes the tank was recovered in the pocket of Falaise in late August early September 1944 in the village of Bierre exactly.
I had the opportunity to discuss with one of the resistants who had participated in its recovery and that he used it.
The French have recovered a certain number of tanks: pzIV, panther and tiger. They were used in the battles of the Atlantic pocket where the Germans had none, thus avoiding the risk of friendly fire.
This tiger was baptized Brittany which for us Norman is an affront.
he no longer had an optic  and the witness explained to me that he looked through the tube to take aim. It was used as a mobile artillery piece

You are making a Very interresting job!

This must be  sometimes moving to retrace the story with "real actors" !!

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

not 15 tigers Andreas
I will find you the exact composition of this unit
a 15 tanks : pz 4 panther and tiger
that of the armored museum of saumur is that of Bierre
it was because he entered the inventory of the army that he was saved

Hi Stephane

Thanks for the clarification. But don’t waste too much of your time on that.I just wondered about this Spiegel article, which is quite misleading. Well, more than that, outright wrong. It says “the Germans surrendered (or better „gave up“ or „left behind“) 15 Tigers, from which the French formed one complete unit….“ That did sound quite unbelievable to me.