Your PTruppen Heroes - The Hall of Heroes

Sublime

Put your favorite units in a battle, or your Wittmans or whatever you got with the story...  This doesnt have to be just bodycount, it could be one tank but it saved the day or whatever. Give me what you got, I know some old timers got some good ones

In a day or two when my battle finishes with Probus I shall tell you guys a tale of a battle where a horde of commies came storming through, preplanned artillery causing massive casualties and rumors that we had a spy in our ranks.  Almost all our ITOWs got killed by ATGM fire..  things looked bad.

Then the tank charge came.  On my left flank.  Looked like the whole red army was coming at my men.  I had 3 M60s TTS (vet and one crack crew) and one ITOW left.

I rushed my M60 over... and right when I was about to make contact.. the plan loosely being to fire retreat fire retreat etc, I remembered the smoke trick.   Crack M60A3TTS totally alone.  I dont have the names now but Ill have screens..  Long story short, using smoke, they literally stopped the soviet drive COLD. the Soviets tried rushing them, didnt work. Lotsa bounced projectiles, but they legit KO'd at least 12-15 T64s, 2-3 BMPs,1-2 trucks, and IDK how many infantry. It was INSANE. 

Finally my opp got ANOTHER damned 64, my crack crew long out of smoke, smoke rounds, the infantry around outta smoke, and its within 500m.  still 2 shots before they even got on my tank. this crew was so pimp. But the shots bounced.. The 125mm.. didnt.  Catastrophic explosion everyone KIA.  Im personally going to recommend the cmdr for the CMOH and the gunner, the crew Army Cross.

The T64? My other M60 schwacked him. Whew.  scary but stopped... right? then I hear the whine of a turbine engine.  'WTF *checks date* uh oh'

Edited by Sublime

If you're permitting non-CW stories?

The Tank Hunter who, having had his team mate killed while taking out a scout car, succeeded with a combination of MP40, grenades and a remaining satchel charge, in whacking most of a platoon of Amis and an MMG team (displacing, not set up for support) over the course of 2 minutes of playing jack-in-the-box through Bocage gaps. It was poetry in motion.

35 minutes ago, womble said:

If you're permitting non-CW stories?

The Tank Hunter who, having had his team mate killed while taking out a scout car, succeeded with a combination of MP40, grenades and a remaining satchel charge, in whacking most of a platoon of Amis and an MMG team (displacing, not set up for support) over the course of 2 minutes of playing jack-in-the-box through Bocage gaps. It was poetry in motion.

for you womble to quote that famous boxing guy ' ILL ALLOW IT!'

that sounds spicy btw

btw I really feel like my energy should be spent on this forum urging these guys to stop with the x2 addiction and make CMx3 or this series is dead.  Maybe not now, but its basically on its way. 

HOWEVER - I wish they could make a patch or feature where troops could at least have some captured enemy small arms. specifically in ww2 I mean fausts. its heavily documented that 1. the 82nd AB found a huge cache and used them rest of the war (like 2 yrs on), the soviets used them constantly, and that they were VERY OFTEN picked up by allied soldiers.

I think especially for soviet infantry this would help a lot AND be realistic. I can see the not picking up small arms, IRL this is often frowned upon as it causes friendly fire anyways, but that and or remanning guns. I can name 3 instances and cite them right now of untrained tankers from 82nd and 101st jumping in dead shermans and using them to fight 'bringing the tank back to life'  I wish certain thingscould be remanned or crewed. Maybe like not able to move, or some mechanic under the hood gives them green skill level even if theyre elite otherwise

Edited by Sublime

4 minutes ago, womble said:

:)

Famous boxing guy? I thought that was Richard Osman from Pointless...?! Or maybe he was riffing off the boxing guy and I had clue zero.

btw Im glad to see you again. hope you're well. Ive been seeing you here since the damned 90s

This guy is obviously a parody of a ref but this is the guy

Edited by Sublime

18 minutes ago, Sublime said:

that sounds spicy btw

I just plotted some Quicks and Fasts and Pauses-at-waypoints back and forth along around and through some bits of Bocage in a forest. I think the poor Amis were on Fast move orders, and by the time my opponent could give them any orders to save themselves, they were men down and panicing too much to respond.

1 hour ago, womble said:

I just plotted some Quicks and Fasts and Pauses-at-waypoints back and forth along around and through some bits of Bocage in a forest. I think the poor Amis were on Fast move orders, and by the time my opponent could give them any orders to save themselves, they were men down and panicing too much to respond.

I do the same esp with tanks, reverse and forward like the same 2 m over and over with diff targets and pauses etc on them.  noobs dont get it and it just destroys them lol

38 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I do the same esp with tanks, reverse and forward like the same 2 m over and over with diff targets and pauses etc on them.  noobs dont get it and it just destroys them lol

All the actual carnage here was down to the TacAI choosing the right weapon for the situation :) The satchel charge probably took out more than half a squad, and I think a grenade did for the MG team.

Playing the To Berlin campaign for Fire and Rubble, my Soviets had to defend against a German counterattack and I had a Soviet company commander in an M3 half-track hold off a platoon of German infantry by himself, the guy was like the Soviet Audie Murphy, every time the Germans tried to attack he'd hose them down with .50 cal fire until they broke, and they'd recover and keep attacking again and again. At one point I had him retreat into a ditch but he still was holding them off even though the Germans were only 30 or so meters away. Never again have I seen an exposed gunner last that long in a CM game, usually a random rifleman will just snipe them from 200m away.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, womble said:

All the actual carnage here was down to the TacAI choosing the right weapon for the situation :) The satchel charge probably took out more than half a squad, and I think a grenade did for the MG team.

Oh god it sounds delightful

Another favorite and I swear Im not copying steves story, but in CM:A waaaay too long ago, I had a Muj squad with a lee enfield and few  other rando weapons... and I lost the battle. but everyone got slaughtered, exept this one squad bc they were in a house and I finally realized the 5.45 wasnt entering the walls, while my lee enfields were punching through IT ALL . (plus the other fellows had like a couple FN FALs, and... hmm I forget the rest. I wanna say a m16a1 and  some sorta smg but cud be wrong and it was fals and enfields)

It woulda turned like an no loss pbem (humiliation) into One squad causing 40 casualties before in a fit of rage he literally did the soviet classic of ordering EVERYONE to move QUICK on my squad.

Also I know CM is a game but I adore its realism. It made me realize the javelin was a total beast... in 2009.  Thats late but Im USAF brat, I like ground combat but I really didnt realize the game changer Jav is.

CM also made me realize that the armor 'triangle' is amateur BS.  its sensors sensors sensors, then the rest.  But that 125mm on sov tanks sure is nice, too bad ur gettng pinged a few times before you even begin to slew twds your targets (LOL) 

So now IDK. Originally my opinion was Soviets non nuclear woulda lost ww3 80s.  Then I changed my mind after learning about the m1s 105-120 oddysessy. Then I thought more likely Soviets would win, but it was some what iffy.  Now Ive flly regresed. The SU wasnt RU, but it wasnt gonna evne conquer the FRG ffs.  It woulda ended stalled and things wuda gone nuclear and we'd literally all be dead now;

Edited by Sublime

On 4/28/2023 at 6:38 PM, Codreanu said:

Playing the To Berlin campaign for Fire and Rubble, my Soviets had to defend against a German counterattack and I had a Soviet company commander in an M3 half-track hold off a platoon of German infantry by himself, the guy was like the Soviet Audie Murphy, every time the Germans tried to attack he'd hose them down with .50 cal fire until they broke, and they'd recover and keep attacking again and again. At one point I had him retreat into a ditch but he still was holding them off even though the Germans were only 30 or so meters away. Never again have I seen an exposed gunner last that long in a CM game, usually a random rifleman will just snipe them from 200m away.

OMG thats epic  did the commander live?  BTW youre lucky you were playing the AI.  The AI doesnt hold grudges. Im a petty mf'r. I woulda time travelled and hit him with a car on his way to the enlistment office if I couldnt kill him in battle :)

Im obssed with berlin but Ive been playing CM since 99 and frankly burnt out, gttn old, and my job is exhausting

but honestly how are the urban battles? I had serious concerns about fire and rubble because the engine and things like mouseholing, captured fausts, and a lot of other stuff were very common not just in berlin but dozens of 'festung X city' in the east

Edited by Sublime

On 4/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, womble said:

thats y I tell these noobs bro... let the taci ai do the targetting an  shooting unless its area fire, something like a tank and theyre doing dumb **** like shooting an atgm thats 5km away, etc

On 4/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, Sublime said:

The T64? My other M60 schwacked him. Whew.  scary but stopped... right? then I hear the whine of a turbine engine.  'WTF *checks date* uh oh'

LMFAO that t80 popped out for half a second and my other tank KO'd it with a single round (right in the weapon mount too)

the 64s armor was better (it was freak luck tbh but lol)

Edited by Sublime