British helmet mk3 instead of mk2?

I can walk you through it if you want...

for both the Mk2 and Mk3 you want to:

Gather from CMBN brz folders the raw files. the main mdr and usually its mates (some several lod files). 

<EDIT: Gather this in a folder in your CMBN z fodler, named whatever you want>

gather the texture files and normal maps, the numbered set 

the chinstrap too. is there a single one or 2 different? I don't know.

ok, so we are going to trick the game to think it reads the mk2 but it really just shows the mk3

make copies of the mk3 mdr and rename as mk2

make copies of the mk3 textures and normal maps and rename as mk2

if the number of mk2's offered is less than the number of mk3's, then you will need to past additional as needed

then slap it all in z and fire up old Bessy

Edited by kohlenklau

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Gather from CMBN brz folders the raw files. the main mdr and usually its mates (some several lod files). 

ok, so we are going to trick the game to think it reads the mk2 but it really just shows the mk3

if the number of mk2's offered is less than the number of mk3's, then you will need to past additional as needed

Thank you, Phil! I'm going to try this.

11 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Do you perhaps know in which brz folder I can find the raw files, main mdr and the rest, Phil?

Worked like a charm, Phil. I use Veins British foliage helmets and the mk3 with foliage looks so much better and even looks more like the mk2 with foliage than the one in the game, compared to pictures from 1944. The mk2 with foliage from the game looks more like it has been a target of some angry German pidgeons. 😀

Anyway, very happy with this. Thanks for your help, guys.

Edited by Aragorn2002

5 hours ago, Vacillator said:

How dare you sir?  A moustache is not something to make fun of.

Seriously, there's a mod for that?

Absolutely. I use it for years now. Looks great.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-afghanistan/combat-mission-afghanistan-infantry/jorgemc-uk-moustaches/

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

ohhhh....no wonder. That uses a different form. British Army Requisition Form B A 2 Zed Null stroke 6

You funny man. 😄

Perhaps it has something to do with the chin straps, as you suggested earlier on? I'm also using Veins faces mod, as suggested at the download site.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Dear Kohlenkalau,

could you adjust the French and Polish MK3 helmets as you did for the British MK2 (lower the helmet a little on the head) 🙏 This is not a BFC error, the helmet is naturally raised because of the interior protection. But with BF.c's poor 3D head models, the visual effect is not great(it's like the shoulder-high Zeltbahn of German soldiers, although it's realistic the visual aspect is weird -there's already a mod that removes it).

I noticed that the light doesn't work properly on the British helmet object whose position you changed. The light effect varies according to the viewing angle. Maybe a light parameter should be associated with each object. Despite everything, I prefer his new position.

View:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/q6qkyejj3xf39z0/British_Helmet_Light_effect.jpg/file

I think I found the solution. A long time ago I've copied some of the bmp files and gave them the numbers 2, 3 and 6. I must have thought that would just add more moustached soldiers, but apparently it doesn't work like that. i've removed them and I see no more ghosts. I don't understand it, but you probably will, Phil.

Technically what you did SHOULD work. I once did a funny Rommel mod and just to take a screenshot, I made ALL the Germans look like Rommel, made all uniforms look like his uniform and then took the screenshot by his famous half-track. EDIT: maybe one of your images was corrupted? 

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Technically what you did SHOULD work. I once did a funny Rommel mod and just to take a screenshot, I made ALL the Germans look like Rommel, made all uniforms look like his uniform and then took the screenshot by his famous half-track. EDIT: maybe one of your images was corrupted? 

🙂

Not sure, but it's possible. I will look into it some more. Rather attached to those moustaches now.