AT Guns + Sandbags

2 hours ago, benpark said:

I recall that if you use the "Face" AI command for both sandbag and AT gun, they largely retain the desired angle.

Hey Ben! I hope you are well.

Let me make sure I am following this. I am slllooowww.

So, give them BOTH the same AI group number in the AI PLAN and plop them on a yellow dot and then green dot for where to face in an AI ORDER? 😮

😮

EDIT: I can just give it a try and figure it out I suppose

Edited by kohlenklau

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 4:25 PM, kohlenklau said:

Yes, I think I have and it is frustrating. The centerline of the sandbags item seems not aligned to what you'd think it would be for HMG and guns.

@RockinHarry might know what causes this based on his intense deep dive into the mechanics of such or similar items.

yeah, there´s an offset and sandbags rotate around a given center point in a radius. IIRC I once found the Meta Data dealing with just that (Meta 1 or 2 maybe). If changing these it can become tricky to get any CM units aligned to them properly. Though you can make sandbags rotate on the spot, just like most the flavor objects i.e.
I oftentimes find it much more useful to mold combat positions by use of (blue) ditch locking straight into terrain mesh. It also yields way better footprint for protection and vs enemy spotting. Anyway, like most CM forts sandbags are just a bad looking "here we are, shoot at us" features I´d rather avoid using.