Another campaign in the works.

nathangun

I've been working on a new system and I've built the Vassal engine for the campaign. 

Download link

GrV716X.png

So how it works is that each formation HQ has a certain amount of AP's (ACTION POINTS) .
Each unit that is on one of the highlighted hexes, must be given orders.

Vlfp2nS.png

This practice will help myself in building the CM battle, if a delaying action is selected, I exit zone is placed on the map for the defending player.
Assault/Hold Position - I place capture points on the map for both sides to capture/hold.
Probe - Is really a recon in force order, a capture point is placed on the map for the defending player to hold the attacking player is checking out what's there but the defending player doesn't know that. ;)

Place an order on top of the units just moved/placed, and be sure to right click and select 'mask'.

When the campaign starts, make sure the Soviet AP markers are topped up.

cPoiHHB.jpg

AP Costs

Move - 1 AP per unit chit. This moves units two white outlined hexes, the AP points are deducted from the formation HQ, in the example below it's the 3rd Bn HQ.

qZpUIYE.jpg

Assault/Probe - this costs 2 AP's to the attacking formation HQ.

Support assets - 1 AP per support, this brings in CAS and/or artillery support if it's available.

If unavailable they will appear like these.

B9gBdaQ.pngRcsuoYd.png7JCHJXT.pngrbLEtbf.png

Deploy formation - 1 AP cost to the Higher HQ (in this campaign the 17th GTR and the Blackhorse HQ).
Attach a unit from one formation to another - 1 AP cost to the Higher HQ, both units must be on the same hex or in the holding box before deployment.

The higher HQ's.
QpZ9Zg1.pngUVUjltG.png

When the Soviet AP's are topped up the NATO commander gets to place one formation onto the battle map.

In this example, the NATO commander places B Company in Grusselbach, as he places each of the 'chits' onto the battle map he right clicks and selects 'mask' and then places a 'Delaying' order, which is also masked.

q8xANM1.jpg

We now begin Turn one, the Soviet commander deploys his first formation, 1st Bn 17th GTR and the GTR HQ spends one AP to do so.
Notice that the NATO forces on the battle map are masked to the Soviet player.

fF1lTft.jpg

The 1st Bn 17th GTR HQ orders his formation to move, 1 AP for each unit (3 AP's) to Assault (2 AP's) the NATO position for a total 5 AP's.

ZENdyBR.png

The NATO retreats to the next legal hex still with delaying orders.
The Soviet player declares that the 3rd Bn has finished it's actions and gives it Hold Position orders and then deploys the next formation.

This process goes on till the Soviet Higher HQ can't deploy anymore formations and that each formation has useable AP's left.

Now you might be wondering why the Soviets are the only one that get to move one turn one, lets say that they had the strategic surprise.

Each following turn, NATO gets to deploy/move one formation then the Soviets get to move one formation and so on till both sides pass then the turn marker is moved one square to the right.

Edited by nathangun