Artillery Accuracy

2 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

It is frustrating how inaccurate user artillery is in this game. But how precise and effective AI artillery is. every time im doing a great job holding the enemy back. here comes the ever so accurate artillery. Who else is annoyed by this?

Nobody. Because it's not the case.

Modern artillery is very accurate. If you stay in place and enemy spotters see you, they're going to hit you.

My sense is that friendly artillery is also very accurate. This is true unless your own spotters are suppressed or run off.

I believe there is no difference between friendly and enemy artillery accuracy. The model treats both the same.

• 1 month later...

Technically, there's no difference in call times and accuracy. But in many single-player missions, the AI is helped by the scenario designer placing a good spotter already in a good position, such as a church tower or on a hill, when the battle starts. This helps a lot with accurate and fast artillery.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, chuckdyke said:

Soviet WW2 is the worst even with a nominated mortar spotter. He too had no radio and kept him close to his Battalion HQ but still the same. Managed to wound one of his own 300 meters from the mission point. 

I've had friendly fire hit my troops at 200m+ in the modern titles. The round(155mm) hit where I was aiming at but a splinter went out and got him nonetheless. 

Made me respect danger distance more, particularly from the big guns. 

H

1 hour ago, Halmbarte said:

I've had friendly fire hit my troops at 200m+ in the modern titles.

Read an interesting article. Ability to maneuver whilst you are observed. The role of artillery is making the right guess where you can disrupt the enemy's ability to observe you. Once you break cover.