How to get your CMBN game on Steam

On 3/30/2023 at 9:41 AM, t34577685 said:

CMBN 1.0,I paid the same price, but due to the old mechanism, everyone who bought the content together had the same key,Prompt: KEY has been redeemed

CMBN CW,I paid the same price, but due to the old mechanism, everyone who bought the content together had the same key, Prompt: KEY has been redeemed

CMBN 2.0,I paid the same price, but due to the old mechanism, everyone who bought the content together had the same key,But this is not necessary for exchanging steam key

CMBN MG,I paid the same price, but due to the old mechanism, everyone who bought the content together had the same key,but aslo successfully redeemed the MG steam key

I don't understand what you are saying with the bolded bits. No one who has purchased a Battlefront has ever gotten the same key as anyone else who ever purchased a game from us. Never. Not with any Combat Mission title. Not with any Strategic Command game. Not with any Theater of War game etc etc etc. I don't understand what you are saying. 

On 3/31/2023 at 5:39 PM, Vacillator said:

Result 👍.   For others coming along how did you do it?   Also curious as I have the same but haven't bothered with the Steam version yet.

.(psstt....it's in the original post. 🙂 )

12 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I don't understand what you are saying with the bolded bits. No one who has purchased a Battlefront has ever gotten the same key as anyone else who ever purchased a game from us. Never. Not with any Combat Mission title. Not with any Strategic Command game. Not with any Theater of War game etc etc etc. I don't understand what you are saying. 

.(psstt....it's in the original post. 🙂 )

I think way back if one bought two copies at the same time you got one key (and activation attempts) for two licenses... if I wanted to buy two copies for myself and a friend.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, ratdeath said:

I think way back if one bought two copies at the same time you got one key (and activation attempts) for two licenses... if I wanted to buy two copies for myself and a friend.

That is correct. If you purchased 2 copies in one order the key comes with 8 activations instead of 4.

just a note regarding PBEM++ registration.  The system doesn't allow non-alphanumeric characters in the username.  I have an underscore in my slitherine username but the in-game registration system rejects it.  As the serials are registered at Slitherine under the same username, I suspect this may be problematic to fix.  Email sent to slith support.

Just wanted to drop in and say a big thank you! Bought CMBN, CW, and MG way back when they were new but was never a fan of Battlefront license system. Getting the Steam keys and having also my CM games under a single system just makes it so much easier to access and manage my games when transitioning to new hardware eventually.

And to show renewed support I also purchased the vehicle pack and battle pack now, something I probably wouldn't have done without the Steam option rekindling my interest.

Please move the rest of the products to Steam as well 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, 

I purchased CMBN 1.0 (bought in 2011) in Battlefront, but when trying to use it in the Slitherine page, it doesn't get recognized. I am using the activation code displayed in the order in the Battlefront page, although it doesn't work. Is another key displayed somewhere else? should I download the game from Battlefront and find a key within the game?

thanks for the help, I would love to have this game with the rest of my games

• 3 months later...

I also purchased CMBN 1.0 (bought in 2011) from Battlefront, but when trying to use it in the Slitherine page, it doesn't get recognized. I am using the activation code displayed in the order in the Battlefront page, although it doesn't work. My commonwealth addon purchased in 2012 worked with the activation code on Slitherine page.

Last played any CM many years ago with CMBB and CMBO.  Received some holiday sales offers and I was able to get BN at a great price on Epic Games (Steam key) and all of the DLC's  in a bundle a couple days later on a Steam deal. 

Then Matrix had a great package deal for RT complete so I bought it there.  I thought it might be helpful to other new buyers to post my experience....  

I wondered if I'd have any issues registering the game and DLC on Steam with the Matrix purchase. There was no issue at all. Base RT and DLC was in my user file immediately after purchase with Matrix serial numbers. In the same box was a link to obtain Steam keys. Clicked the links for each file and received different codes for each. Activation was as easy as going to Steam and adding the game/DLC. Started with base game and then each module with no issues.  The hardest part is Steam didn't allow me to copy paste in the codes, IE I had to type them in manually.