The Khabour Trail campaign help

Hi guys, has anyone lately played this campaign? I'm still learning the game, but the enemy is invincible in the buildings, 5.56x45mm NATO can't do anything to them from long ranges, even at 50m distance they struggle, also civ. density is very high so they are very good at hiding in these buildigns until you discover them, usually by sustaining a casualty or two. Also, there are collateral damage points to buildings, so did you utilise howitzers, helis and jets and how? I'm really trying to play cautiously, taking care of my soldiers and I want to really learn the different mechanics and how to approach different situations like this, so that's why I'm asking. It'd be a lot easier to just destroy everything with arty and air support and then just clean with inf. but I don't want to do that as it'd be a lot easier and it's not how this campaign is supposed to be played, I suppose. There's enemy in a building that's on the very war part of the map and it has enemies inside, but it's an avoid collateral damage building, the guy is probably enemy FO which is very dangerous to my soldiers, but I don't have any snipers to engage him from 700m+, I have C9s but they can't hit a thing on that range. This is not me complaining, just trying to figure out things, I know it's realistic for them to be that safe in buildings, just trying to figure out how to approach them.

Thanks in advance, guys, and I hope for any tips!

It's been a very, VERY long time since I played these missions but if you tell me which mission you're struggling with, it might jog my memory. I don't recall having many problems dealing with the combatants in the Khabour Trail but then, I usually didn't bother too much about preserving everything.

9 hours ago, Paper Tiger said:

It's been a very, VERY long time since I played these missions but if you tell me which mission you're struggling with, it might jog my memory. I don't recall having many problems dealing with the combatants in the Khabour Trail but then, I usually didn't bother too much about preserving everything.

It's not a problem basically, just I don't know how to approach the 1st mission's situation, you have plenty of air and arty support, but collateral damage penalties to buildings, which prevents me from firing at targets inside buildings only with small arms fire which is highly ineffective at long ranges. There is this courtyard south of the main objective which sometimes has enemies inside, sometimes not, depends on AI plans I suppose, I approach it carefully to about 200 meters and theh don't spot anything inside these buildings for 20mins+ or get shot at, so I advance again carefully and when I get to about 50m I find out enemy is inside, theh open fire and I sustain casualties and when my teams from 100m+ fire bavk they suppress the enemy after a minute, but kill? Very rarely... So, clearing house by house is needed I guees. I'll try to, instead of spreading platoons, fire at every suspected house in the courtyard and move a squad house by house which will take too much time, but idk..