Red-do of TV98-3 “Attack in Brandenburg” as REDFOR vs OPFOR

This is a re-do of my original TV98-3 “Attack in Brandenburg” but as REDFOR (Syrian regulars) versus OPFOR (Syrian fighters and combatants). It uses CMSF2 game version 2.05 9BFC) gane engine 4. Unfortunately, if you are on Steam the linked version of the scenario will not work as at the moment your version has not been patched.

This scenario concept is based on the one of the excellent Tactical Vignette series titled 
http://ciar.org/ttk/mbt/armor/armor-magazine/armor-mag.1998.mj/3TV98-3.pdf
TACTICAL VIGNETTE 98-3 “Attack in Brandenburg”

You can download the actual brief at the link above.

This revised revised scenario has had the built-up area and surroundings heavily reworked to make the terrain more complex and confined.
I've posted it here for some testing as not sure with the change of force from US heavy mech to Syrian tin cans re difficulty etc. Its probably one more suited to play H2H than aginst the AI.

Play as Blue (Syrian regular army) versus Red (Syrian fighters and combatants).

Yiku4Hv.png

TV 98-3 Attack in Brandenburg REDFOR_v5.btt

Edited by George MC

7 minutes ago, AlexUK said:

I've tried downloading it and put it in the right folder but can't see it when I open it. Not the steam version, running on a Mac (not sure I've updated to most recent patch - will that be the reason?)

Aye most likely - you'll need to update your game to CMSF2 game version 2.05 9BFC) game engine 4

5 hours ago, AlexUK said:

I've tried downloading it and put it in the right folder but can't see it when I open it. Not the steam version, running on a Mac (not sure I've updated to most recent patch - will that be the reason?)

I'm on a Mac also, and am patched. 

No problems opening the scenario, winning OTOH...

H

And now for a completely different problem. My vehicles are getting stuck on the 1st bridge along the main highway. They had no waypoints on the bridge itself and I re-did orders after the 1st turn they got stuck. To clarify the 1st BMP on the bridge got stuck rubber banding and the other two are blocked by the 1st BMP. 

Link to save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60krhw4tdpshpjk/TV 98-3 Attack at Brandenburg REDFOR 007.bts?dl=0

hEyVgdF.png

H

Edited by Halmbarte

8 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

And now for a completely different problem. My vehicles are getting stuck on the 1st bridge along the main highway. They had no waypoints on the bridge itself and I re-did orders after the 1st turn they got stuck. To clarify the 1st BMP on the bridge got stuck rubber banding and the other two are blocked by the 1st BMP. 

Link to save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60krhw4tdpshpjk/TV 98-3 Attack at Brandenburg REDFOR 007.bts?dl=0

hEyVgdF.png

H

Ah crossing bridges. Yeah there is an occasional game engine quirk where this happens. it’s not a scenario issue. 

Way to avoid/minimise this is ensure you place a way point on either side of the bridge and give the units crossing sufficient time gap (using pause) - say 15s between vehicles. 

FWIW in this scenario using the above Ive not had the issue occur. 

Cheery!

Added this wee vid. Which shows by using pauses between vehicles (in this case I used 30s) and placing a waypoint on each side of the bridge the BMPs cross okay. You want to avoid traffic jams on the bridge... so longer pauses between vehicles and placing a waypoint on each immediate side of the bridge should minimise this happening.

Edited by George MC

I've made some updates based on feedback so far (with thanks to @domfluff )

What I've done is added an additional mortar battery and a 1 x 2 x122mm SP howitzer tube module and also beefed up the BMPs to BMP2s (so more supporting firepower) and added additional breach teams and sniper team to each platoon (so Delta mech plts have 3 x squads/2 x breach teams/ 1 x sniper team/ 4 x BMPs) so bit more oomph for bashing a way into houses but still requiring some careful management. Shame no way can add a supply vehicle with additional demo charges cos the 2 each breach team carries is a tad light! Still adds up to an extra squad and the sniper teams could be useful.

Updated file below.

Cheery!

TV 98-3 Attack in Brandenburg REDFOR_v5.btt

Edited by George MC

9 hours ago, George MC said:

I've made some updates based on feedback so far (with thanks to @domfluff )

What I've done is added an additional mortar battery and a 1 x 2 x122mm SP howitzer tube module and also beefed up the BMPs to BMP2s (so more supporting firepower) and added additional breach teams and sniper team to each platoon (so Delta mech plts have 3 x squads/2 x breach teams/ 1 x sniper team/ 4 x BMPs) so bit more oomph for bashing a way into houses but still requiring some careful management. Shame no way can add a supply vehicle with additional demo charges cos the 2 each breach team carries is a tad light! Still adds up to an extra squad and the sniper teams could be useful.

Updated file below.

Cheery!

TV 98-3 Attack in Brandenburg REDFOR_v4.btt 2.36 MB · 1 download

just downloaded looking forward to giving it a try!!