Reworked The Road to Nijmegen Campaign is now available

Some may know this story....and others may not. 

The Road to Nijmegen campaign for Market Garden was broken for a lot of people. We wanted to fix it but we were missing a very important file used to create a campaign. One of everyone's favorite and most skilled scenario/campaign designers, @Paper Tiger, had created the campaign. He stepped away from the Combat Mission world for a while and we were unsuccessful trying to reach him to get the missing file. Paper Tiger has returned! Despite a dead computer he was able to locate the file and has redone the naughty bits. His changes are as follows:

The only changes made to Nijmegen were to move the wooden bunker back from the Mook bridge and remove the wire. I tested it several times and was able to cross the bridge every time.

I also fixed a unit that was outside of a set-up zone in one of the smaller missions which kind of forced the player to go a certain way. And that's all that was changed.

The updated campaign is available for immediate on the Patches page.

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

4 hours ago, NamEndedAllen said:

Also relieved to see evidence that Elvis has survived the terrible disruption in the Force, in Phoenix. I remain dressed in mourning black.

This one is going to take a very long time to heal.

My youngest daughter started doing tattoos on people. She got the kit on the Amazons. She doesn't do a bad job (yatsbyry on Instagram). For fathers day she wanted to give me my first tattoo, I'd been talking about it for 5 years. I finally let her do it in January.

If you know, you know.

20230105_124024.jpg

Unusual tat. Is it permanent? It's a play but I can't quite work out  the details. Is there some significance to that particular play?

And yes, I'm back and that's the first fruit. For the time being, I'm importing the new core files units into Montebourg (I've just finished 'Labrynth' which I was dreading doing) and after that, I'll import the new core units into The Scottish Corridor. Once that's done, I'll really get to work revising these two. I've learned a lot since I made Montebourg so reworking the AI plans should be 'fun'. It's the work I love best. 

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes it will. I’m glad my grandparents weren’t around to see both the Phillies and the Eagles lose right at the very threshold of championships. It would break their fierce hearts. 

I will make a start myself by buying this year’s upcoming, quarterly Steam releases. So please please please let the healing begin! Release them soon! 

8 hours ago, Paper Tiger said:

Unusual tat. Is it permanent? It's a play but I can't quite work out  the details. Is there some significance to that particular play?

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/best-play-ever-nominee-philly-special

Yes, it was possibly the greatest play in Eagles history and happened in their Super Bowl win 5 years ago.

There is even a bronze statue outside the stadium (at the entrance I use to get to my seats. I use the gate in this picture) of when the coach and quarterback were calling the play. It will forever be part of Eagle lore and worthy of being my first tattoo.

SP.jpg

And now back to our continuing praise of the return of Paper Tiger and his work. 🙂 

13 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

My youngest daughter started doing tattoos on people. She got the kit on the Amazons. She doesn't do a bad job (yatsbyry on Instagram). For fathers day she wanted to give me my first tattoo, I'd been talking about it for 5 years. I finally let her do it in January.

If you know, you know.

20230105_124024.jpg

Like permanent tatoo?  That is wild.  Y'all Philly folks is bonkers.

Thanks for the link. That was great play. A fourth down play takes some balls.

I don't have any special favourites when it comes to the game but I enjoy the game itself. I still got that old adrenaline rush watching that play.

Of course, Scottish folks like myself (i.e. OLD) are particularly fond of  this moment of glory from our own history...

(And before that, I used to think that Archie Gemmill was overrated and constantly complained that he got picked to play for the national team. All was forgiven.

Edited by Paper Tiger

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes, it was possibly the greatest play in Eagles history and happened in their Super Bowl win 5 years ago.

What a moment in time it was. For me, what is forever tattooed into memory is that previous game vs the Vikings. It was a great game, but for me it was the circumstance. My wife’s only sister had set up a dinner for me in a major Vegas hotel’s dining room, when I came to town. Despite being far far along in the fatal journey of brain cancer. But the dinner coincided with the game. Which was being shown on large screens over the bar. The dinner and company were memorable. And they knew how much this game, and Foles’ amazing resurgence off the bench meant to me. So periodically when a cheer went up my sister-in-law would say, “Go!”,  I would make my way to the camaraderie around the bar. I really only got the game’s highlights because the real highlights were being with her for the last time together, going out on the town, enjoying herself and all of us.  That and Foles making 352 passing yards and three touchdowns, setting up that great toe to toe SuperBowl against Tom Brady. I had hoped and prayed for Jackie to make her own comeback for the ages, and win her personal Super Bowl. But what she faced was far deadlier than Brady’s throwing arm. And relentless. I miss her. 

13 hours ago, NamEndedAllen said:

What a moment in time it was. For me, what is forever tattooed into memory is that previous game vs the Vikings. It was a great game, but for me it was the circumstance. My wife’s only sister had set up a dinner for me in a major Vegas hotel’s dining room, when I came to town. Despite being far far along in the fatal journey of brain cancer. But the dinner coincided with the game. Which was being shown on large screens over the bar. The dinner and company were memorable. And they knew how much this game, and Foles’ amazing resurgence off the bench meant to me. So periodically when a cheer went up my sister-in-law would say, “Go!”,  I would make my way to the camaraderie around the bar. I really only got the game’s highlights because the real highlights were being with her for the last time together, going out on the town, enjoying herself and all of us.  That and Foles making 352 passing yards and three touchdowns, setting up that great toe to toe SuperBowl against Tom Brady. I had hoped and prayed for Jackie to make her own comeback for the ages, and win her personal Super Bowl. But what she faced was far deadlier than Brady’s throwing arm. And relentless. I miss her. 

Wow. That's a kick in the gut story. Sorry for your loss.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2023 at 1:41 AM, Paper Tiger said:

Thanks for the link. That was great play. A fourth down play takes some balls.

I don't have any special favourites when it comes to the game but I enjoy the game itself. I still got that old adrenaline rush watching that play.

Of course, Scottish folks like myself (i.e. OLD) are particularly fond of  this moment of glory from our own history...

(And before that, I used to think that Archie Gemmill was overrated and constantly complained that he got picked to play for the national team. All was forgiven.

I remember watching that goal like it was yesterday!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Mission 3 and really enjoying this one!  I love that it alternates back and forth between US paratroops and the IG Commonwealth troops!

Quick question, if anyone knows and not to be a spoiler, but curious if anyone can fill me in on all the ditches on this map?  Where these canals for drainage of all the low wetlands or some other man-made feature particular to that region?  They are very pronounced and deep and I'm just wondering what they are meant to historically represent. 

On 4/15/2023 at 3:12 PM, Phantom Captain said:

I'm on Mission 3 and really enjoying this one!  I love that it alternates back and forth between US paratroops and the IG Commonwealth troops!

Quick question, if anyone knows and not to be a spoiler, but curious if anyone can fill me in on all the ditches on this map?  Where these canals for drainage of all the low wetlands or some other man-made feature particular to that region?  They are very pronounced and deep and I'm just wondering what they are meant to historically represent. 

Some of them should look more like this. Not as deep as they appear in game. And with enough greenery for the Panzerknacker teams to hide in so that they could take out the Shermans. Which were not knocked out by AT Guns despite what Hollywood would have us believe.

OIP.jpg

Edited by Warts 'n' all

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I downloaded the patched/corrected campaign file from the Batlefront patches section. I cut and paste it into my Campaigns folder within the game directory. I load my last save for this campaign prior to the much maligned and stuffed up mission 7 mook bridge canal mission. Sure enough after I do my setup and first turn orders and hit the red button the wooden bunker is still right on the edge of the bridge along with some wire. And when my infantry reach the bridge, they still don't cross it😩 So do I have to save this and start a completely new campaign again from the first mission for this stupid wooden bunker not to appear and block my troops from crossing the bridge no matter what where all the objectives reside that are impossible to capture due to this campaign killer bug?

• 4 weeks later...

Aussiegrit, actually it's a new version of the campaign, so you have to replay the campaign from the new cam file, i.e. delete the last save and start over from the beginning. Sometimes scenario writers create multiple variants of enemy AI tactical plans, so you may not feel like you're replaying the same battles.

Edited by laurent 22