UA No One But Us!

The Combat Mission doesn't have small maps for quick play and I decided to make one of those.

Situation

6th September 2022
Time 06.15 hrs
Mission time 25 minutes.
Weather Light Fog
Wind Gentle, From West
Ground Condition Dry

The Ukrainian army has started the full-scale сonteroffensive in the Kharkiv region.

Mission

1st platoon of 80th Air Assault brigade attacking enemy positions near Volokhiv Yar

Friendly Forces

Plt HQ
3x assault squads on BTR-70

attached

2x 82mm mortars.

Enemy Forces

A Brigade UAV overflight identified at least 4 enemy vehicles, more likely its MT-LBs, and probably one infantry platoon.

Plan

Destroy the enemy forces and move further through the enemy lines. Don't lose the BTR's-70. The Russian minefield is wholly destroyed, but you have to be careful some mines can still be placed.

Notes

The scenario is theoretical recreation of the Ukrainian 80th Air Assault Brigade assaulting enemy positions in the Kharkiv Conteroffensive and it is not 100% historically accurate.

Created by Dmytro Gadomskiy

image.thumb.jpeg.7150ffdd396fb1950f833784e42cf0e2.jpeg

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea/cm-black-sea-add-ons/cmbs-ua-no-one-but-us/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Gave this one a try, yesterday and I failed miserably although I tried various different approaches. My BTRs never had enough firepower to surpress the russians sufficiently for not get killed by RPG fire and arty was sparse with long call in time. Whenever I tried do dismount my infantry they got masacred immediatley. I am curious how others beat that one and I am happy for any tipps.

• 2 weeks later...