Black Sea List of New Ukrainian Equipment

Probus

As we all know, BFC is going to have its hands full adding to the Equipment (TO&E) of the Ukrainian Army (and even to the Russian Army).  I think it would be fun to start listing that equipment here.  This can be anything from a handheld firearm, drone, or SAM to an Abrams Tank or F-16 Fighter. Please include as much information as you can and a picture of the item if you have one. e.g.

• Image:
  • Name: 
  • Model: 
  • Version(s): 
  • Description: 
    • Weapon Subsystems: (if any)
    • Ordinance:
  • Date of introduction: (to the month) 
  • Links to Equipment "Wiki":

What other attributes should we list that would be helpful for BFC as a resource? I'll add 'em.

If someone makes an error, please correct it diplomatically.

This is going to be fun! :) 

Ready, Steady, GO! o7

I personally like the idea of Black Sea (not referring to another future title about the 2022 invasion) remaining in the fictional 2017 timeframe. Oplots, APS, and US forces in direct contact with (well-prepared and competent) Russian forces. In this regard, I am primarily interested in keeping a little bit of distance from the current invasion and the realistic developments of 2017. I think the game should stay historical fiction (again, not ruling out a future title).

Among many pieces of Ukrainian and Russian kit, I nominate the BTR-3 as a very sexy unit.BTR-3_Kyiv_2021_11.thumb.jpg.2e5a1d104efe30545d88185ac77b987c.jpg

BTR-3U Has a 30mm autocannon, 30mm AGS grenade launcher, coax, and barrier ATGMs. Additionally, BTR-3E90 has a 90mm gun for fire support, and the BTR-3DA has improved weapons and presumably better optics. Give me some of these in mixed units, likely in the fictional context of greater Ukrainian procurement, and I'm happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-3

49 minutes ago, ThathumanHayden said:

In this regard, I am primarily interested in keeping a little bit of distance from the current invasion and the realistic developments of 2017. I think the game should stay historical fiction (again, not ruling out a future title).

I'm really hoping this war will be history soon.  At that point BFC will be free to release a CMBS update.  Before then its dicey. 

Having said that, personally, I would really like a platform that I could use to test out hypothetical scenarios based on current events (but again, that's just me).

1 hour ago, Probus said:

I'm really hoping this war will be history soon.

I think we all are. It was about 9 months after the actual invasion before I started playing Black Sea again. It was too depressingly relevant for a while.

I would love some CM exploration into the real conflict in the future, but I do still really like the idea of Black Sea's alt-history being expanded.

NLAW
Baykaraktar TB2  Bayr
General mix of western equipped ukrainian infantry.
Weapons: M4 - SAW - Javelin     Vehicles:- Bradley - Bushmaster - M113
Ukrainian manned mix of wester vehicles. Some yet to arrive;  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62002218

https://war.ukraine.ua/articles/western-weapons-in-the-hands-of-the-ukrainian-military-change-the-war/

Trust wikipedia to have a comprehensive list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aid_to_Ukraine_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

Many ukranians would be inexperienced on western weapons and with limited time to train set skill to Green?

Bayraktar Drone

UkraineDrones.jpg

British NLAW AntiTank

NLAW.jpeg

M113 - modified MG turret

ukrainian m113.jpg

Australian Bushmaster PMV

bushmaster.jpg

Changes to Russian side I am unsure. I would think their military has not changed much. Increase number of infantry but decrese experience to green to reflect large number of Conscripts. Small number of Veteran units such as Wagner Group. Large amount of artillery.

Change scenarios to reflect nature of the war. Trench warfare. Urban fighting. Mechanised asaults. Artillery.

Add Ukranian Technicals made from Modified Pickup Trucks for light troop transport.

Ukrianian Technical.jpg

Edited by xXmushmanXx

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, ThathumanHayden said:

personally like the idea of Black Sea (not referring to another future title about the 2022 invasion) remaining in the fictional 2017 timeframe.

It'd might be too early to say with accuracy on point rarity cost and TOE's regarding equipment.

However, people didn't mind using Shock Force as a proxy for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which were current when the game came out. 

On 2/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, ThathumanHayden said:

BTR-3U Has a 30mm autocannon, 30mm AGS grenade launcher, coax, and barrier ATGMs.

Export only model.

On 2/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, ThathumanHayden said:

BTR-3E90 has a 90mm gun for fire support

Combined developmnet of Ukraine and Belgium for export. 

On 2/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, xXmushmanXx said:

Many ukranians would be inexperienced on western weapons and with limited time to train set skill to Green?

M113 or any armored car is not a starship. Western artillery systems also were properly mastered very quickly