Searching for Partner to develope a scenario featuring Seelow heights.

Simple, I am a map designer.  Currently I am working on a 4000 X 4000 meter map featuring the center of the battle feild before Seelow Heights, Germany.  I have excellent reference maps and terrain details as well as the historical facts needed to complete a highly detailed and accurte map of the sector.  Anyone with the skills to work up the scenorio is weclome to reach out. 

If you can make a map, I'm the guy you're looking for. My expertise is in the Weapons and the troops that were used, my weakest gift is getting the scenarios to work correctly. I have recently read a tour book called Berlin Battlefield Guide. it covers some of the fighting there, but it does have some decent pictures and maps in the text.

Just checking - you do know there's a Seelow Heights battle in Fire & Rubble?  Not sure if the map will be similar or overlap with yours though.

EDIT : Had a quick look at FR Seelow Heights, it's roughly 5000m by 2000m with a lot of open fields.

The author is Jon Martina - I think this is @ASL Veteran?

Edited by Vacillator

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

oh boy.

Agreed, but the wonderful work of @George MC with large scale maps and varied elevations (plus much more) proves that such things are possible.  Having just played the great BP Cat and Mouse by PBEM, which is around 3k by 4.5k, I can say that my opponent and I both commented on how great the map was. 

Hats off to George yet again 👍.

Depending on the German unit positions, there were Wehrmacht, SS, Fallschirmjager, Luftwaffe, Marines, Volksturm, some JU-87 G, King Tigers, Panthers, Tigers, Jagdpanzer IV/70, and we can't forget the Stug's, Soviets will have Guards Tank Armies, Guards Mech Corps, then You will always have the Regular Soldiers with lots of Heavy Artillery, plenty Of Stalin's Organs, Heavy Mortars, Lots of Soviet Aircraft, both T-34/76 and T-34/85's, JS-II, SU76, JSU-122 and JSU-152's

On 2/7/2023 at 11:12 PM, Gary R Lukas said:

Depending on the German unit positions, there were Wehrmacht, SS, Fallschirmjager, Luftwaffe, Marines, Volksturm, some JU-87 G, King Tigers, Panthers, Tigers, Jagdpanzer IV/70, and we can't forget the Stug's, Soviets will have Guards Tank Armies, Guards Mech Corps, then You will always have the Regular Soldiers with lots of Heavy Artillery, plenty Of Stalin's Organs, Heavy Mortars, Lots of Soviet Aircraft, both T-34/76 and T-34/85's, JS-II, SU76, JSU-122 and JSU-152's

I can see the German side being a total mess trying to get right, while the Soviet side would be pretty simple. Yikes. 

Would you have any idea as to what divisions/corps/armies specifically fought here? 

OP hasnt logged back in since his first post (First post ever). I wonder if he's made good progress or not.

13 hours ago, Artkin said:

I can see the German side being a total mess trying to get right, while the Soviet side would be pretty simple. Yikes. 

Would you have any idea as to what divisions/corps/armies specifically fought here? 

OP hasnt logged back in since his first post (First post ever). I wonder if he's made good progress or not.

I can and yes, the German side gathered anything and everything they could to try a hold up the red army at Zeelow. I do have some books with a German order of battle, just need to find it, which won't be easy, but I will get you that info.

3 hours ago, Gary R Lukas said:

I can and yes, the German side gathered anything and everything they could to try a hold up the red army at Zeelow. I do have some books with a German order of battle, just need to find it, which won't be easy, but I will get you that info.

Ah it will only be useful if OP comes back, so it would be redundant if he gives up or doesnt come back. Thank you

Edited by Artkin