Combat Mission Black Sea v2.18 patch is now available

BFCElvis

10 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

Not sure? I re-installed the 2.18 patch successfully using advice from Battlefront's tech support. It didn't give any error message.

Do a file search? "black sea v217.brz" Should be there together in "data" folder with other brz files like "black sea v216.brz".

I am not home now, so I cannot really check if it is really a bug. I can only suggest to check the above.

6 hours ago, cbennett88 said:

Sorry…the other files were there too. I just listed the “210 set” because they seemed relevant to the v217

I got home and tested it. My Black Sea v2.18 Battlefront version does not show any such bug.

When I remove the file ".\data\black sea v217.brz" from the game I get exactly the bug you show in the screenshots. Tanks are described as "MANPADS" etc. In you screenshot it also says "MANPADS" there.

So your game is using the v.2.16 string references. which can have only two causes:

1 - file "black sea v217.brz" size 302.662 bytes, file date 29 december 2022 is not present in the proper place.

2 - a strings.txt file in some mods folder in the .\data folder is overriding the stock brz archives things.

PS. excuse me if I leave it at that, years ago I suggested battlefront better implement a strings.txt versioning cross-check in their game. By now, I am a bit frustrated with similar problems being posted like every few weeks.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Do you have any mods installed? The animated text mod will cause odd string errors because it needs to be specifically matched to the version of the game.

I'm coming in 5 days later so hopefully you already fixed your problem.

No mods. Just straight installation from the Battlefront website. Same with patches. Not using STEAM.

The first time I tried to install v2.18 I got an error msg that it could not find v217.brz. After contacting Battlefront tech support they suggested a different program to unzip the file. When I used that, I did not get any error msg. 

Somehow the issue seems to be with that file. I checked that it matches the file size that Kevin2K listed on his computer.

I would do a whole new installation, but I am trying to finish a PBEM before possibly messing things up further...

55 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

I would do a whole new installation, but I am trying to finish a PBEM before possibly messing things up further...

That is odd. I'm sorry you have having this problem. I am at a loss as to what to suggest doing next. The PBEM files are stored in your Documents folder and don't get erased or altered by installs so you should be able to try a few things and keep them safe. I suppose if you end up with a broken game that doesn't even run that would mess up your game but you are not at a high risk of losing the game files.

• 9 months later...