Tank Accuracy on the Move

Playing CMFB and in one turn my M4/76 (Green, High Motivation, -1 Leader) was moving in reverse and Spotted, Fired, and Hit a PZIV 75 meters in woods all within a few seconds.

Following turn, same M4/76 was again moving in reverse and Spotted, Fired, and Hit a Self-Propelled Wesp edge of woods at 500 meters. Enemy Wesp was even Stationary that turn with Armor-Arc (my M4/76 didn't) and still managed this.

Gotta love these Modern Optics/Stabilization Tanks in WWII 😞

Edited by JoMac

9 hours ago, JoMac said:

Playing CMFB and in one turn my M4/76 (Green, High Motivation, -1 Leader) was moving in reverse and Spotted, Fired, and Hit a PZIV 75 meters in woods all within a few seconds.

Following turn, same M4/76 was again moving in reverse and Spotted, Fired, and Hit a Self-Propelled Wesp edge of woods at 500 meters. Enemy Wesp was even Stationary that turn with Armor-Arc (my M4/76 didn't) and still managed this.

Gotta love these Modern Optics/Stabilization Tanks in WWII 😞

The M4 actually has a stabilizer. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, Lethaface said:

The M4 actually has a stabilizer. 

Plus the ww2 tanks would have moved, stopped to fire, moved again and the games does not model this, so, instead firing on the move performs better than it really would if you fired on the actual move. It's an engine compromise.

Edited by IanL
fixed spelling

8 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Duels between stationary shooters and enemy shooters moving into LOS have always been a weak point in CM, IMHO. The mover wins way too often.

The mover probably has contact and that makes him shoot first. It works that way with infantry too.