Ambush camo from CMFB to CMRT?

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Is it possible to use the ambush camo from CMFB for Pz IV, Pz V, SPW et. In CMRT?

Yep ... what you need to do is find the skins you like in CMFB, for instance pz-ivj-skirt.bmp is ambush camo, create a folder in your RT mods folder - let's call it Ambush camo, then copy the textures from FB into the new folder. The models are the same on the whole so they should just work (famous last words).

You will have to rez explode your FB files to hunt for the ambush camo textures you like. Suggest trying one vehicle at a time. 

One potential gotcha is that the models you wish to reskin in RT may have several texture variations depending on location, weather and date. There are mod tags which can govern this - [muddy] and [germany] - which might be applied to the bmps, so you should check your RT files in advance to see if you can identify which are the textures you want to replace. Sound worse than it is.

Finally the esteemed Aris and Umlaut both made variations on ambush textures that can also be used across all the games, mostly just a case of adding them to your mods folder and again checking for any requisite mod tags.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:44 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Yep ... what you need to do is find the skins you like in CMFB, for instance pz-ivj-skirt.bmp is ambush camo, create a folder in your RT mods folder - let's call it Ambush camo, then copy the textures from FB into the new folder. The models are the same on the whole so they should just work (famous last words).

You will have to rez explode your FB files to hunt for the ambush camo textures you like. Suggest trying one vehicle at a time. 

One potential gotcha is that the models you wish to reskin in RT may have several texture variations depending on location, weather and date. There are mod tags which can govern this - [muddy] and [germany] - which might be applied to the bmps, so you should check your RT files in advance to see if you can identify which are the textures you want to replace. Sound worse than it is.

Finally the esteemed Aris and Umlaut both made variations on ambush textures that can also be used across all the games, mostly just a case of adding them to your mods folder and again checking for any requisite mod tags.

Thank you, Mark! Any idea in which of the brz files I can find the Pz IVJ?

Edited by Aragorn2002

I have another question, friends. I've noticed that the Panzergrenadiere are wearing their Camo parka with their collar open, even in extreme cold. In reality their collars were mostly closed, with their field blouse collar over it, or a scarf. Has this ever been modded by somebody?

Edited by Aragorn2002

12 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank you, Mark! Any idea in which of the brz files I can find the Pz IVJ?

From my archives I can see:

final blitzkrieg v100e
vehicles - german 1
brummbar
flakpz 38t
grille
gschwgn39
hetzer
hummel
jagdpanther
jagdtiger
jpz iv
king tiger
kubelwagen
marder i
marder ii
marder iiim
mobelwagen
nashorn
opel blitz
panther
protze
psw 231
psw 233
pz ii lynx
pz iiig
pz iv

final blitzkrieg v100f
vehicles - german 2
sd kfz 222-223
sd kfz 234
sdkfz 7
sdkfz 10
sdkfz 135-1
spw 250
spw 251
stug
stuh
sturmtiger
tiger
wespe
wirbelwind

final blitzkrieg v100g
vehicles - other
ammo dumps
bunker
gmc
cckw
jeep
m2-m3 halftrack
m4 sherman
m5a1 stuart
m7 priest
m8 ac
m8 hmc
m10
m12 gmc
m18
m20 ac
m24 chaffee
m36
shared textures

So your Panzer IVJ is in brz 100e. The others show all the German vehicles, plus the shared textures form brz 100g. There are not many updates for FB and didn't seem to be any new textures for the Pz IVJ, just some updated models which will already be in RT.

11 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I have another question, friends. I've noticed that the Panzergrenadiere are wearing their Camo parka with their collar open, even in extreme cold. In reality their collars were mostly closed, with their field blouse collar over it, or a scarf. Has this ever been modded by somebody?

I don't think anyone has done a full set. Frenchy56 did some for Panzer and Assault Gun crews in camo and white:

gjEkyjT.png

Whilst JorgeMC (any relation to GeorgeMC I wonder?) did some snoods for German winter faces:

lYxBeVZ.jpg

... bit dark, here's a bmp:

ghinDyr.png

This is better but I don't know if it'll cover the neck area. On uniform textures the neck area is divided into two parts: the collar/lower neck/chest top area is in the uniform whist a bit of neck is on the face. So it's quite hard to get a fully up collar look. The snood is a good compromise.

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Recovering from a nasty flue and it's showing.

Yep I'm suffering a nasty head cold 🤕 🤧 - seems that snotty people on trains have learnt nothing about coughs and sneezes spread diseases since the start of the pandemic - back to same old same old (and lots of spelling mistakes)

27 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, I've exploded all brz files, so now I need to find all relevant files, but that will have to wait til the weekend. 🙂

Then you'll be ready to find them quickly ... 😉

Edited by Lucky_Strike

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Much obliged, Mark. So if I understand correctly there's a ambush camo version of every Pz IVJ bmp (skirts, hull etc.) but not all in the same (Pz IV) file. 

No, so far as I saw the PzIVJ only seems to have ambush camo skirts, the rest - hull, turret etc - is a tricolour scheme.

There are actually very few mods of any of the AFV models beyond those mostly done by Aris and some by Umlaut. They concentrated either on dirty versions or whitewash/snow. So you're a bit stuck for choice. There's a set of mods by WOKI which does have an ambush version but they are a bit Marmite ... Maybe if you ask him nicely, or use subliminal suggestion, mr NPye would add one - just don't say I said to do it. 😉

Sadly there is a shortage of modders making good, original, AFV mods - if I could clone myself I'd definitely have one who just did new vehicle mods. 🤖🤖🤖🤖

I will also check out those winter faces, Mark. Cheers for that too.

Yeah the winter faces look good.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

As usually you are a prince among men. 

You're more than welcome my friend.

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

No, so far as I saw the PzIVJ only seems to have ambush camo skirts, the rest - hull, turret etc - is a tricolour scheme.

That's also what I discovered, LS, but I couldn't believe it. Downright sloppy, but okay. Perhaps in this case it's easy to solve, by adding dots. Perhaps. I will take a look and experiment a bit. The absence of the Schürzen is another thing. Hard to believe, but there it is.

http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/1-Vehicles/Axis/1-Germany/02-mPanzers/PzKpfw4/PzKpfw4-Ausf.J-Late.htm

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

There are actually very few mods of any of the AFV models beyond those mostly done by Aris and some by Umlaut. They concentrated either on dirty

Sadly there is a shortage of modders making good, original, AFV mods - if I could clone myself I'd definitely have one who just did new vehicle mods. 🤖🤖🤖🤖

Yes, sadly so. i try to convince my old pal Earlofgrey to become active again, and he would like to, but he has more pressing matters at hand, such as work, family and other really important stuff.

Personally I would give good money for a camo/insignia pack btw, with all kind of vehicles in all kind of camo patterns, from many different divisions. Modders like George MC and you should be rewarded for their time and talent. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Aragorn2002

13 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

There's a set of mods by WOKI which does have an ambush version but they are a bit Marmite ... Maybe if you ask him nicely, or use subliminal suggestion, mr NPye would add one - just don't say I said to do it. 😉

I've checked out WOKI's ambush version, Mark. And I must say I quite like it. Not bad at all. Thanks for pointing me to this mod.

NPye is busy enough as it is, so I won't bother him. Unless he feels he MUST do this. Well, who am I to stop him from that? 😀

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That's also what I discovered, LS, but I couldn't believe it. Downright sloppy, but okay. Perhaps in this case it's easy to solve, by adding dots. Perhaps. I will take a look and experiment a bit. The absence of the Schürzen is another thing. Hard to believe, but there it is.

http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/1-Vehicles/Axis/1-Germany/02-mPanzers/PzKpfw4/PzKpfw4-Ausf.J-Late.htm

Yeah, I don't know why we never got this, I'm pretty certain it even featured back in CMx1. It's a fairly simple change, maybe one day I'll give it a go.

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yes, sadly so. i try to convince my old pal Earlofgrey to become active again, and he would like to, but he has more pressing matters at hand, such as work, family and other really important stuff.

Personally I would give good money for a camo/insignia pack btw, with all kind of vehicles in all kind of camo patterns, from many different divisions. Modders like George MC and you should be rewarded for their time and talent. There's nothing wrong with that.

I couldn't agree more and I'd be happy to take your money 😉

Maybe when BN finally gets onto Steam we'll see a resurgence of mod activity with some new blood.

I've checked out WOKI's ambush version, Mark. And I must say I quite like it. Not bad at all. Thanks for pointing me to this mod.

NPye is busy enough as it is, so I won't bother him. Unless he feels he MUST do this. Well, who am I to stop him from that? 😀

Ah good, glad you found them 👍 I used one of them recently for the Berlin Bodenständig Pz IVG mod. They're quite strong colours but they can be toned down a bit without too much trouble.