Pacific War Project

37mm

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

👍👍

...would that work with CMFI demo as well? 🤔 (guess not)

I'm not sure... probably would mostly work. Although the Japanese would have Italian soft factors which would be your biggest immersion loss. Also I only modded standard Italian infantry so far, I did nothing with the Blackshirts or feather hat guys.

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

I'm not sure... probably would mostly work. Although the Japanese would have Italian soft factors which would be your biggest immersion loss. Also I only modded standard Italian infantry so far, I did nothing with the Blackshirts or feather hat guys.

thanks, might give it a try. Either works or not and then we know. 😎

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

Because this is an Alpha version, I propose you @37mm that you are waiting to let me working on a little more, to added for exemple the off nco helmets (caps) that I am working  now on, and  perhaps also added the us helmets with chinstraps mix that I did this will give a real aspect to the us troops the chinstraps mix are not perfect, but I have a good wish to include it.

I am also working to added some “Kamikaze”, using the feather helmet files, helping with the exelent and helpful mod from @MOS:96B2P (with his consent), that will added the possibility that japanish are wearing helmet or not, all is in the tube and in my head, perhaps not realizable with perfection, but personly I  have also the wish and the mood to introduce it (but perhaps all will stay only in my mind).

I can only say like I said in many time already, to see the advancing project and realization on this time of the Pacific theater from @LongLeftFlank that I keep a good remind, and take my hat off, of his gigantest job from years ago, taking in the lupe from our friend @Aquila-SmartWargames and realized with open arms, and details by another friend @37mm, that personly I admire the job,for his Heaven and Earth.

Personly I am very happy that this remake see the sun again, I found this already rich of idea and capabilities, and hope very much to see more enthusiasm and support about it, If BFC dont seam to be interrested to it, but also perhaps see some interested peoples to make some news maps and scenarios, we can also include for exemple, some realized job from @aquila (again him...)with his little boat availble on his titnatest mod that he let us very kind a welcome copy.

I think this mod could be useful to another model for another period very awaiting, that are the Korea war,  but I dont have enough knowledge to realized it in details, I can only support it with a little job left or right like I do it now for this period of bloody war, (just knock on the open door).  

I know I write always (tooooo) much but let me added a last thing...

My text will perhaps stay in darkness on the forum, but for the one s that are interested to see more about it, I would recommand to have minimum ten secunds to thinking about all efforts from all modders on the forum and the one s that stay always in darkness, but are also doing something for this community, to have a short thought about them,  to the time that they are using their time to propose to everybodys a moment to change something to let you a smile, and enjoy it, this will appease, and let a smile to themself, the long hours that they have dedicated to realised the things that you have now in your hands.

PS

I hope that my text will be understanding enough, for everybodys including the bad use of the time in my sentences and the errors in my english text, but believe me... nobody is perfect but  "en francais ca veut dire exactement la meme chose".

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

On 11/20/2022 at 7:26 AM, 37mm said:

Also I only modded standard Italian infantry so far, I did nothing with the Blackshirts or feather hat guys.

Maybe already stated or already understood by all...

I just want to say that using CMFI as the host title for this mod and using CMFI Italians as the host for the IJA is EXCELLENT choice from the point of view of a lot of variety in their opponents (US, British, Commonwealth, French, etc.) AND internally with the "mds-mdr-game code" dynamics, by tweaking appearance and unit type as you purchase the Japanese force in a scenario you can have a pleasant variety of headgear and uniforms (normal Italians, Bersaglieri "featherheads" and the blackshirts gives 3 uniform options and 2 helmet sets).  THEN as a cherry on top of this dessert somebody has gotta do Aleutians in cold weather gear in the snow...  I am busy in a different snowy area at the moment.

Good luck guys. Always awesome tinkerings going on. BFC should be bloody ashamed.

Edited by kohlenklau

27 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe already stated or already understood by all...

I just want to say that using CMFI as the host title for this mod and using CMFI Italians as the host for the IJA is EXCELLENT choice from the point of view of a lot of variety in their opponents (US, British, Commonwealth, French, etc.) AND internally with the "mds-mdr-game code" dynamics, by tweaking appearance and unit type as you purchase the Japanese force in a scenario you can have a pleasant variety of headgear and uniforms (normal Italians, Bersaglieri "featherheads" and the blackshirts gives 3 uniform options and 2 helmet sets).  THEN as a cherry on top of this dessert somebody has gotta do Aleutians in cold weather gear in the snow...  I am busy in a different snowy area at the moment.

Good luck guys. Always awesome tinkerings going on. BFC should be bloody ashamed.

Sage advice 👍

On 11/20/2022 at 5:17 PM, Lucky_Strike said:

Cool, thanks, will grab this so I can get started on those trees.

Also where'd you get those funky tracers man!

Finally, do any of the US Marines come with camo shirts to match their helmet covers?

As per the first post, there's no rush.

Those tracers are @Ithikial_AU's version of Veins tracers, I use them in the ME effects compilation (and the 'All in Ones') as [night] tracers.

Interestingly, & as per Heaven & Earth, the Pacific Alpha has dawn/dusk ambient sounds activated by using the [night] tag during the day.

All four tiny concept scenarios have a different ambient soundtrack... day, night, dawn & "rocky".

Yes, as per the original mod, half of those uniforms are camo'ed... you can actually see them in the mid-left of the first screenshot.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, JM Stuff said:

I think this mod could be useful to another model for another period very awaiting, that are the Korea war,  but I dont have enough knowledge to realized it in details,

Thanks for the kind words.

I have given Korea some thought, it's not in the tropics so the base game CMFI terrain & seasons would be mostly applicable. Probably the base game late war US uniforms too.

Probably only the Asian faces would actually be of use to such a project.

Edited by 37mm

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

Those tracers are @Ithikial_AU's version of Veins tracers, I use them in the ME effects compilation (and the 'All in Ones') as [night] tracers.

Hehehe. All I did was stretch them out so I could see them a bit better. It may not be realistic accurate but it is a game. :) I've actually got two versions for each of my installs. One for night battles and another for day time. I think the night ones 'glow' a bit more.

57 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Thanks for the kind words.

I have given Korea some thought, it's not in the tropics so the base game CMFI terrain & seasons would be mostly applicable. Probably the base game late war US uniforms too.

Probably only the Asian faces would actually be of use to such a project.

I think the hat is a little too square on the front but in blender the view was different !

HOwjZdK.png

7iTzGcv.png

Will see what can I do 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

As per the first post, there's no rush.

Just as well 😉

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Thanks I'll have to dig them out.

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yes, as per the original mod, half of those uniforms are camo'ed... you can actually see them in the mid-left of the first screenshot.

Ah yes, was looking at the pics on an iPad screen, I needed to enlarge them a bit, I see them now, ta

Edited by Lucky_Strike
Dogs for digs

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Me too! But we need a title where game code allows Shermans, Garands & BAR's to face off against T-34's, PPsH's, Mosins and DP's.

No hands raised in the air...  😞

RT has Shermans and T34s, would have to play blue on blue. Some of the other lend lease stuff would work for the US - Jeeps, HTs? Not sure how one would go about uniforms though ...

On 11/24/2022 at 1:33 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

RT has Shermans and T34s, would have to play blue on blue. Some of the other lend lease stuff would work for the US - Jeeps, HTs? Not sure how one would go about uniforms though ...

Interesting... kind of like how H&E is Red vs Red & concentrates on the Civil War nature of a fictional conflict, you could use CMRT to concentrate on the Civil War nature of the Korean conflict.

Uniforms could probably be done by playing around with the [guard] or [cavalry] tags.

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Interesting... kind of like how H&E is Red vs Red & concentrates on the Civil War nature of a fictional conflict, you could use CMRT to concentrate on the Civil War nature of the Korean conflict.

Uniforms could probably be done by playing around with the [guard] or [cavalry] tags.

On 11/24/2022 at 2:33 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Blue vs blue Red vs red, !! ?? 

I would like to know how can you guy s, decide or minimum, propose that such stuff s from RT or FI or whatever can be used for another period of war, are you checking the composition, weapons, vehicles or season first or the Toe s...

hey, ! me I have two wishes since longtime !

Yougoslavia Period !

Arab Israel Period !

So I am awake of all yours words in Korea or whatever !😁

JM

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yes, like that. We also have partisans and regular uniforms, so potentially four different uniform branches? I bow to your knowledge on this stuff but it does look like there's some possibility to have T34s shoot at Shermans and vice versa.

15 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Yes, like that. We also have partisans and regular uniforms, so potentially four different uniform branches? I bow to your knowledge on this stuff but it does look like there's some possibility to have T34s shoot at Shermans and vice versa.

To be honest, I doubt anyone will take up such a project but I'm going to keep it in my back pocket as a possible prequel concept for H&E.