Artificial Moonlight

49 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Reading about the Wessex Division right now and it strikes me how often Artificial Moonlight is mentioned in the later campaigns. I wonder if this could be a good inclusion in the new FB model, maybe even as just another "weather setting".

I.e was used at the beginning of OP Veritable and later again. Germans had their own version at the start of the bulge, but it wasn´t quite so usefull IIRC. For CM gameplay I´d likely select a full moon night, overcast skies and artificially bright night (ALT + B ) option (to help the human player see and organize things) switched on. Maybe one can even mod the games skybox and horizon textures to improve on the visual impression.  🤔 Just an idea....

Paddy nudges Monty. "Field Marshall Sir. will yerse listen to them there feckers, youse an' me both know that there was nowt artificial about it. Even an Anglican like yerself will admit that it was my Catholic God that created Monty's Moonlight. Now will yerse be staying on the mineral water, or joining me in a pint of the black stuff?"

17 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I.e was used at the beginning of OP Veritable and later again. Germans had their own version at the start of the bulge, but it wasn´t quite so usefull IIRC. For CM gameplay I´d likely select a full moon night, overcast skies and artificially bright night (ALT + B ) option (to help the human player see and organize things) switched on. Maybe one can even mod the games skybox and horizon textures to improve on the visual impression.  🤔 Just an idea....

Well yeah, maybe that would be a workaround, but I think an "official" setting for it with everything (gameplay effect and lighting graphics) integrated would be nicer and actually probably not a massive drain on ressources.

2 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

Well yeah, maybe that would be a workaround, but I think an "official" setting for it with everything (gameplay effect and lighting graphics) integrated would be nicer and actually probably not a massive drain on ressources.

Would be cool to have added with CW module, but guess we got to wait til new game engine. 😐