MASTERTOE Stalingrad 1942 6th Army(+) + 62nd Army

Artkin

It's finally finished.

This is a MASTERTOE of General Paulus' 6th Army (And part of Hoth's 4th Panzer Army) and General Chuikov's 62nd Army from September 13th-30th 1942.

The forces accounted for in this file fought in the city itself. There were maybe 2/3 more of 6th Army troops fighting on the Northern flank along the river Don.

I tried to get it as accurate as possible, BUT I did not account for historical strength. So, everything is FULL STRENGTH.

There were very few tanks, maybe 300 with both sides combined. In this MASTERTOE there must be close to 1000 tanks.

There are ~35 pages of hand edited TOE. It took a very long time to create.

I don't even want to find how many troops there are, but I assume roughly 100,000 per side.

There are a few small quirks.

There is 1 German Army HQ and 2 Army Corps included (6th Army, 48th Army Corps, 51st Army Corps). 6th Army HQ is "lost" in the file due to some "editor tricks", and the two Army Corps are toward the end. I included Corps level units for 48th Corps, but couldn't find any information for 51st Corps level assets.

For German tank battalions/companies I added signals tanks. Historically these guns were fake, but they function ingame.

The tank companies also have light tank platoons, with a PSW 231 as the platoon leader (I can't fix this).

I forgot a couple regimental level SMG companies for the Soviets, no way to fix this without seriously altering the file.

IF I MADE ANY ERRORS LET ME KNOW!

Feedback is appreciated, some things were done for a reason. Some things I might have missed (Like the SMG companies).

***There is a section for the Germans with "CORE UNITS". They work fine on my PC, but they might not on yours. I would appreciate it if someone can confirm that they appear in a scenario for you***

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syigx5efikp6f0m/6th Army and 62nd Army 12 September MASTER.btt?dl=0

Sources: I used Glantz, Joly, Forzyck, TIK (Youtube), and various other small sources online.

My full dropbox of MASTERTOE's for various titles can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6sd4yw8ckypk7ed/AAAc8MaHw6FsKM7aRmF7gXnja?dl=0

Edited by Artkin

• 3 months later...

Updated again. Written as V2 for the file name.

I included historical unit strengths for September 13th 1942. This means the exact number of panzers, exact numbers of soviet tanks (Harder to find generally, KV-1s are not included. Includes immobilized tanks), Infantry division strengths (Though both of these are difficult to specify since they include support personnel. I can dive even deeper and go by rifle+smg counts but that would have to be a separate version. I assumed every soldier in Stalingrad was going to pick up a rifle and fight at some point due to the nature and course of the battle. In that case I have modeled every division to very close numbers). 

I'm sure a lot has to be done still. I have to remove stummels and further refine the file in every regard. For now, this file should give a mostly accurate depiction of how DIRE the situation was for the panzer divisions during the Fall Blau campaign.

I'm currently working with Phil (You know who) to get his panzer IV early + stug early models to work with this TOE. When I get them to work I will post them here. For now they mostly work. If you can't wait then find Phil's profile, then look in his Goody Bag for the models.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi6cuw74j3b16nm/6th Army 12 September Historicalv2.btt?dl=0

24th panzer division only had 4 panzer IV's in their heavy company:

TWh4K2.png

Edited by Artkin

The following two mods replace the stug III (early) with a short barrel stug. The second replaces the panzer IIIN with a short barrel panzer IV. I'm not sure who made the stug mod, but @kohlenklau made the panzer IV.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/klxd227lgnniiem/AADKOSpndPy8e6_eRAJeQ9wca?dl=0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Important Note:

1) They cause my game to start slower, crash on closing and might have caused a serious issue that required helpdesk to fix (Took 1 minute to fix with Elvis' help).

Where to place the mods:

1) Place both the panzer IV and earlystug folders in documents -> combat mission -> red thunder -> user data -> mods. Both folders should be directly in the "mods" folder.

If you don't have a "mods" folder then create it and place the panzer iv + earlystug folders inside.

2) Place the "mod tags" folder inside documents -> combat mission -> red thunder -> game files -> mod tags (create this folder if you don't have it also).

If you don't know how mod tags work: It's a fantastic way to change your game up without altering any of the original files.

When you create a scenario you can change the appearance of vehicles and soldiers when you want them to look different. For instance you can add snow camouflage as a mod and apply it to your vehicles with mod tags. But for any scenario that you don't apply the mod tag to, the vehicles will appear as they did with the base game.

In order to apply the mod tag:

Install the mods as shown above. Then in the scenario editor click "Mod Tags" at the very bottom of the "Mission" tab. Then load up the mod tag .txt file that you placed in the "mod tags" folder when you installed the mods. If you preview your force selection and have the correct vehicles then they will appear ingame.

TWxFoP.png