BtoB and CMAK upgrade to CM2 engine?

I recently found my old CD's for Barbarossa to Berlin and Afrika Corp and started playing them after a gap of a few years.  I had forgotten the joys of 37mm AT guns, Matilda tanks, Italian tankettes, brittle soviet armour, anti-tank rifles and, best of all, Rolls Royce armoured cars (you can tell I'm a Brit).  However, when complared to the most recent CM2 games with the new engine they are showing their age a bit.  Is there any chance of Battlefront porting these classics over to the new engine?

It is presumed that "eventually", BFC will work their way back along the timeline of WW2 and apply their current engine (whatever version that is by then) to the earlier time periods. This is a multi-decadal project, though, since the LoD of the titles is significantly increased from CMx1, so the "bracket" of what any given title can support is narrower.

It has been asserted that there will "never" be a single CMx2 title that could cover the '41 to Bagration period; if it ever gets done in CMx2, it will likely be at least 2 games, probably more (with expansion packs etc for each).

One could hope for a different architecture in CMx3 that might allow a different (broader, faster) flow of development effort... That might be a more realistic hope than ever seeing such products in CMx2.

Yeah, indeed.

The bad news is: There will certainly not be a one to one replacement of the old titles (I loved them, too).

The good news is: A lot of the content has been covered in the existing CMx2 series, plus variousvmods recreating CMx1 theaters.

E.g., if you like strange vehicles and thin armour, try the CMFI demo.

But be aware: The look is quite different to the old games and the learning curve is steep.

However, if you manage to digest the differences and to cope with some frustration, you will experience hundreds of satisfying gaming hours.