Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

6 minutes ago, peter thomas said:

Can someone tell me, please - is this BP already out if you buy it now, or not? I pre-ordered yesterday and was told it's all there already if I'm up to date, use the activate new products tool etc, which I did, but I don't see the battle pack anywhere. Thanks

It’s not out yet - hence preorders. 
This post by @IanL outlines the process 

Edited by George MC

1 hour ago, Modernrocco said:

How would you use bloke and wanker? 

You could say 'that bloke is a wanker'?  If you weren't that impressed with the said bloke of course.

I'm surprised that the forum censorship programming does not activate itself over the w word.

I also think we're straying from the thread's focus.  You should perhaps start a new thread?  If you call it 'Wanker' we will all be able to find it.

5 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

How would you use bloke and wanker? 

Yes as @Vacillator said, or you might use bloke to start a story about someone anonymous as in 'Some bloke down the pub ...', or use blokeish to describe a macho looking woman, 'she looked a bit blokeish'. For wank you could use derivatives such as 'Oy! knob off you wankstain!' if you want to tell someone to go away. You also might shout out across a street at someone 'Wanka!', whilst making an appropriate hand gesture. This could be a bit of good humoured banter between friends, or goading a rival.

If you want a thorough grounding in the finer points of British swearing I suggest getting some of Derek & Clive's recordings, they are particularly enlightening on the subject.

Now go forth and curse ...

Now off to watch many episodes of Peep Show, Good English Culturing today, I wont stray to far from the Thread focus.. I seen where George said that the Kampgruppe Muhlenkamp Book was inspiration, Photographs by Ernst Baumann, Those look to be some of the finest world war 2 combat photography I imagine, I'll definitely be shelling out the 100 and some odd dollars for the book, Definitely looks like a must need in the Literature collection.

I’m older than dirt, and you’re all a bunch of young punks who know more about everything. Bought CMBO when it came out. Don’t remember the year but it was after the Civil War. And of course all the rest follows, as we all know.  My first memory of CM still recalled is emotionally still strong. It may have been the demo, I wish I knew. The briefing described a small detachment waiting at a checkpoint for advancing German armor. After loading the mission I just hit Go and found myself standing next to a light vehicle just off the road leading into of town. The view had defaulted to near eye level and I felt as if I was there. Waiting. Knowing something bad was going to happen. The other guys were nervously standing nearby, all facing towards town, waiting. And then I heard it. In the distance, the sound of big engines. Tanks? I still remember that moment between the growing tension - fear really - waiting for the inevitable but unknown very bad thing (I’d never played a game like *this* before), and that sound of approaching but unseen engines. And then the ? Icon hanging beside a distant building. “What the heck is that?!” But I knew it wasn’t good.

So I was hooked good from then on to this day in the next millennium. What’s new though is seeing all of you guys, and realizing that an incredibly long lived excellent community existed without imploding like so many other sim related sites over the years. Grateful for your wisdom and good humor, all of you. 

Edited by NamEndedAllen

On 9/29/2022 at 8:02 PM, NamEndedAllen said:

So I was hooked

That's a great summary.  Love it. 

I might also be an older punk in life years, but not in game years - I only stumbled across the wonder of CM maybe 3 years ago  EDIT:  No that's rubbish, 2020!.  Shocking I know, but in my defence I think I had been confusing it with another game which was rather sh1te.

I am at your service if you want to win a PBEM, just PM me.

Edited by Vacillator

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

That's a great summary.  Love it. 

I might also be an older punk in life years, but not in game years - I only stumbled across the wonder of CM maybe 3 years ago  EDIT:  No that's rubbish, 2020!.  Shocking I know, but in my defence I think I had been confusing it with another game which was rather sh1te.

I am at your service if you want to win a PBEM, just PM me.

You have made up for lost time, though! I however am as a lost child, walking in dark woods where all the trees suddenly look far too much the same. This way? That way? Oh…UH OH!

But thank you for your kind offer. I most likely could offer you the fine feeling of major victory.

Edited by NamEndedAllen

20 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Hmmm, I know what you mean.  And I read your other posts too.

The offer still stands, my woods are only slightly lighter...

You teach, I learn? In CMx2 I have recently FB, CW and BS. Also BfN demo only. Perhaps better learning? Waiting for Steam release. Plus the three main CM1x.