Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

On 9/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, BornGinger said:

Is that your way to convince yourself or us that although he won't bring home a beautiful girlfriend and grandkids you could read books to, he actually is a great kid?

On 9/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, BFCElvis said:

Have you lost your mind? I'm not locking the thread, so the alternative would be.........?

Validating my reasoning why I already had him on ignore/mute for previous comments.

Dave

11 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

I'm 33, I discovered CM on Steam 2 years ago through Shock Force, Visited Battlefront and was Delighted to see the World War 2 Titles, especially Eastern Front Red Thunder. how long have you all been playing? 

I'm 66. Not sure how long I've been playing, but it's since the original CMBO came out. Which seems ages ago now.

Dave

12 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

I'm 33, I discovered CM on Steam 2 years ago through Shock Force, Visited Battlefront and was Delighted to see the World War 2 Titles, especially Eastern Front Red Thunder. how long have you all been playing? 

When the first forum opened forum members had numbers, in addition to their handle. I was forum member 64. That's how long I've been around.

Playing? In the fall of 1999 a public beta demo was released. That was the first that I played. The only earlier that people could have played is if they were OG beta testers. 

15 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

I'm 32. First found Barbarossa to Berlin when I was around 12/13 playing with my cousin. Took a long break and discovered there was sequel around 2015. Bought them and enjoying ever since.

15 hours ago, Modernrocco said:

Since 2002, I think. As an Ostfronter I first tried the demo of CMBB, was appaled by the ugliness, but gave it a try and never looked back.

as we are on the tone. lol. I was a CMX1 fan. had them all and still do lol....(be it bit troublesome to select the tank riders when on back of tank currently) anywho...

I first joined the forum when Normandy was announced. been glued to my screens ever since, and is the number one game I keep coming back to.

bubba

On 9/21/2022 at 5:33 AM, Modernrocco said:

Since CMBO open beta demo was released. When was it? Battlefront was still called Bigtime Software. I guess it must have been 1999 with Last Defense and Riesberg. That have been two very interesting decades so far and I´m looking forward to at least two additional CM decades in the future.

20 hours ago, Simcoe said:

I'm 32. First found Barbarossa to Berlin when I was around 12/13 playing with my cousin. Took a long break and discovered there was sequel around 2015. Bought them and enjoying ever since.

I’m 33. I’d played the Close Combat series games since I was 11 or 12. I had never heard of Combat Mission but I had always thought “man, Close Combat would be so much better if it was 3D and had larger units.” Discovered Combat Mission around 2016 and never looked back.

I'm 52.  Started back at the beginning with CMBO and have been at it ever since.  Also a huge Eastern Front fan so CMBB took it to all new depths.  I had a PBEM opponent in Sweden and we literally fought Eastern Front battles religiously for over seven years, exchanging consistent turns.  We fought the war longer than the actual combatants! Ha!  What other game has ever given that kind of longevity?

I honestly do think RT/FR might just be my favorite title of all.

Edited by Phantom Captain

2 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

I honestly do think RT/FR might just be my favorite title of all.

Me too but I haven't tried any modern stuff yet. Not even demos (there are demos right, I'm too lazy to check?) 😬.

Having said that I must confess to a fondness for CMBN.  And CMFB.  And CMFI.  The order I wrote that is interesting (probably to me only) but hey ho.

I'm 18, have long blonde hair and a bodacious body.  I like animals, helping people and doing yoga at the top of Mount Fuji. Well okay that's not all true, but some is. 

And nothing to brag about but I discovered CMRT and then the other titles about two and a half years ago.  Wow, where was my head buried 😆?  Partly in the Il2 skies and SH3 Grey Wolves seas ironically...

36 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Me too but I haven't tried any modern stuff yet. Not even demos (there are demos right, I'm too lazy to check?) 😬.

Having said that I must confess to a fondness for CMBN.  And CMFB.  And CMFI.  The order I wrote that is interesting (probably to me only) but hey ho.

I'm 18, have long blonde hair and a bodacious body.  I like animals, helping people and doing yoga at the top of Mount Fuji. Well okay that's not all true, but some is. 

And nothing to brag about but I discovered CMRT and then the other titles about two and a half years ago.  Wow, where was my head buried 😆?  Partly in the Il2 skies and SH3 Grey Wolves seas ironically...

a GWX 3.0 man aswell eh?? you do impress..o7 heir kaulein! lol

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

You make me blush sir.

But yes GWX is a beautiful thing.  The funny thing (to me at least) was that I went looking for an SH3 mod to correct certain graphic anomalies (you know, the PC ones), and ended up with Grey Wolves (before X IIRC).  Beautiful.   How lucky was that? 

yes it is a wonderful thing that anyone should experience, 

have you actually survived the war yet??? now, there's a question...lol

currently trying to find an issue with the widescreen mod/fix, my torpedo salvo numbers are gone on the TDC, sad face. 

bubba

14 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

have you actually survived the war yet?

It's been a while but in quite a few careers I got very close but sadly the answer is no.  In my defense, I wasn't really trying for that though, more the glory of the tonnage and the survival of the Reich.  Hmmm.

13 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

i do il2 aswell... but needing a joystick and more importantly head tracker

You do it without a joystick 😵.  No!!!!  Get one, I have an old Saitek X52 which is great but rather old-fashioned these days.  It has the throttle quadrant (correct me if I'm using the wrong word) as well, great.  And the number of programmable buttons and modes is mind-boggling.

I have a TrackIR but an old version, need a new one.  Pricey but a total game changer for spacial awareness.  Works great for other games like T34 vs Tiger (obscure), and of course Il2 Tank Crew.

And also pedals, I use CH Pro which I really like.

Edited by Vacillator
My spelling is not as accurate as my joystick and pedals.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

For forumites who don't speak West Saxon ... He dresses up as Bo-peep and shags sheep in front of the punters at Fuji Yama Mamas in down-town Yeovil.  

On 9/22/2022 at 7:49 AM, Bearstronaut said:

I’m 33. I’d played the Close Combat series games since I was 11 or 12. I had never heard of Combat Mission but I had always thought “man, Close Combat would be so much better if it was 3D and had larger units.” Discovered Combat Mission around 2016 and never looked back.

Would be pretty funny to see the “tactics” we used as kids back in the day.