Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

7 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Been away almost a year, came back to check in on Battle Pack 1 for RT, and BG is at it again. Sheesh.

Hey Aragorn, Wart's, Kohlenklau, and all the rest of you good dudes; hope you're all okay and that they're hanging low and full. Or maybe high and dry. Whichever you prefer!

Cheers!

See you next year.

Btw MJ, not sure if I follow you entirely, but I think I prefer low and full. 😃

On 9/14/2022 at 5:51 PM, danfrodo said:

Looks like it's gonna get hot.  I always feel invincible when I have a king tiger but then gun takes a hit.  Or bogs.  Or track hit.  Nooooooo.......  

Horrible, isn't it? Almost as bad as gun damage. I must admit I seldom use Tigers, Dan. Not sure why, but I prefer Pz IV's, Jagdpanzers StuGs or Panthers. But this time I'm really looking forward to play the announced Tiger II campaign. The Baranow fighting fascinated me for years and was a VERY important battle at the Eastern front of 1944.

Edited by Aragorn2002

I have George's stuff.  Superb.

The CM engine is inspired, but it takes a historian, map maker, and scenario designer to truly paint a master piece with it.

I apologize if the red text was offensive, but CM would only be half of what it without the community.  Perhaps, here it is only players who are so affected.  But at Matrix, it is team members who have been attacked (myself and 2 others I know of).  I am more an alumni, but the other 2 were critical betas that very much define the feature set.

John:

* I hope you act as a bouncer and move this stuff to the street.  (In other words as admin don't ban {very extreme}, but yank social/political posts and put them into a thread where the parties can fight it out, but cleanly.)

* Also, I would like to see a general forum for gaming and gaming tech.  Of course, this might well be non-CM games.  On one hand there are so many hours/day, and maybe this is not promoting CM.  But the other hand, I don't think anyone comes here who doesn't own CM titles.  (Myself, I am off to play WITW, but I have bought every title/expansion that the team here has personally developed.)

John, this type of stuff can get out of hand ... at Matrix it actual lost valuable content producers of studios.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Simcoe said:

I think it would be interesting to know how it works when a community member creates a content for Battlefront. I would also feel better about buying it if he was compensated fairly.

I’ve been involved with BFC since the early heady days of CMX2 as a beta tester. The battle pack is a professional remunerated  arrangement :)

Edited by George MC

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

So, what are YOU going to play first? Five days in August, Tigers at Ogledow or the SPW training scenarios?

Personally I will start with the SPWs.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Sounds like a good plan to me.

You can always teach an old dog new tricks.

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

At 59 I don't consider myself old, but yeah absolutely. The older you get, the less you know in my experience. People usually think I'm 47 or 48, but you can't fool the mind. 🙂

50 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I start to think that I must be one of the oldest CM players at 72. Can't see myself stopping any time soon.

I'm 33, I discovered CM on Steam 2 years ago through Shock Force, Visited Battlefront and was Delighted to see the World War 2 Titles, especially Eastern Front Red Thunder. how long have you all been playing? 

38 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

This battle pack is a must for all CMRT fans and im going to buy it. Looking forward to the campaigns, im a "campaign man" myself but also very much looking forward to the master maps could be a ton of fun in those.

Good man - appreciate the support thank you :)