Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

• ” Five Days One Summer" campaign

This is a six mission campaign (with up to four possible branches involving a total of thirteen missions), involving II./SS-Pz.Rgt. 5 and III “Germania” which were part of Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp, covering a period of intense combat in eastern Poland to prevent the Soviet spearheads of the 2nd White Russian Front from advancing westwards during the week 16-22 July 1944.p>

Really looking forward to this campaign. One of my favorite periods of fighting on the Eastern front, with the Wiking (and Totenkopf) division desperately trying to stop the Russian steam roller. Buy Douglas E. Nash books on the IV. SS Panzerkorps and you will be in for a wonderful autumn full of exploding tanks and fascinating tactics.

• ”Tigers at Ogledow" campaign

This campaign covers a very well-known engagement where King Tigers from "Schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 commanded by Major von Legat underwent their combat debut on the Soviet/German front when they encountered elements from the 1st Guards Tank Army during operations to reduce the Soviet Baranov Bridgehead in August 1944.

This campaign was a lovely surprise for me. A very interesting part of the Eastern front in August 1944 and a great opportunity to smash the Baranov bridgehead or at least experience why the Germans couldn't pull that off. 

• 13 standalone scenarios

These scenarios range in size from small platoon sized engagements to battalion sized engagements on 12km squared maps. As the use of German SPW is a theme in this battle pack there is a series of three ‘training’ scenarios to help the player become familiar with getting the best out of this type of unit. All the standalone scenarios are geared towards both head to head play and against the AI.

Another nice surprise in this Battlepack! As good looking as  they are, SPWs are hard to handle and even harder to keep alive. From small platoon sized engagements to battalion sized engagements on 12km squared maps!

• 14 Master Maps

New maps based on maps from the Battle Pack missions.

Maps made by George are the best around. It doesn't get any better than fighting on one of his maps for the ultimate Eastern front feeling.

For anyone even slightly interested in the Eastern front, this battlepack is a must have. George is one of the few people who keeps on producing high quality and detailed scenarios and campaigns, so pre-order this battlepack, folks, and show him it's highly appreciated!

Edited by Aragorn2002

12 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

Is that your way to convince yourself or us that although he won't bring home a beautiful girlfriend and grandkids you could read books to, he actually is a great kid?

Quite disgusting remark. With a father as Dan he must be. Gay or straight, who cares?

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, Tom Konczal said:

I am confused. It says pre-order but, after I ordered it, it says everything is already installed, just activate it with the code.  I have done so but nothing new appears.  What am I doing wrong.  CMRT Version 210 Engine 4.

Thanks

You're not doing anything wrong. When you look at your order near the top it should read Order Status - Completed. Lower down on the left you should see Shipment Status - Pending. When the Battle Pack is actually released that should change, and your activation code will work.

I think in a previous post someone mentioned that there will also be a new patch, v2.12, but I didn't notice that on the actual pre-order page. If that is the case, there should be an announcement due.

3 hours ago, Tom Konczal said:

I am confused. It says pre-order but, after I ordered it, it says everything is already installed, just activate it with the code.  I have done so but nothing new appears.  What am I doing wrong.  CMRT Version 210 Engine 4.

Thanks

Brill! Appreciate the purchase :)

This thread might help clarify things. 

it’s preorder so not live at the moment. 
Cheery!

On 9/17/2022 at 5:39 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

Quite disgusting remark.

22 hours ago, benpark said:

born whatever people may be is what they are.

18 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Better gay than myopic,

Why are you complaining? I was just making a comment on the words he used after having mentioned his son being gay.

If it doesn't bother him the section "(absolutely great kid)" was completely unnecessary. So he must have added that for a certain reason.

I'm sure you agree with me although your political correctness prevents you from admitting it.

Edited by BornGinger

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

If it doesn't bother him the section "(absolutely great kid)" was completely unnecessary

I suspect Dan may feel on the defensive at times.  No need but understandable, as evidence look at the discussion here?

On 9/17/2022 at 7:20 PM, Artkin said:

Either way this is a Combat Mission forum.

Totally agree.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, BornGinger said:

Is that your way to convince yourself or us that although he won't bring home a beautiful girlfriend and grandkids you could read books to, he actually is a great kid?

Have you lost your mind? I'm not locking the thread, so the alternative would be.........?

Elvis and all,

This is why I rarely post here.  I post about CM, games, and/or PC tech.  Invariably a social issue appears in the thread that results in me asking it to be locked or minimally make me feel unwelcome.

---

Can we agree this is game site for the CM community.  CM is a game.  You can play any side, any way you want ... this is not a blemish on you and your character or lack of thereof.  There are so many venues to assail others.  Why here?

Because of health conditions and age, I am still isolating from COVID.  But this type of community makes me feel more isolated than ethanol, bleach, and gas masks!

Edited by markshot
POed

5 hours ago, benpark said:

George's level of detail is fantastic. I can't wait to sit in one go and get at the campaigns.

I Started playing his Von Schroif Campaign and Der ring Der 5th Panzer Mission after hearing about his work from all of you on the forum and its awesome, I see why everyone is excited, briefings, tactical maps, it is all superbly done. 

7 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Been away almost a year, came back to check in on Battle Pack 1 for RT, and BG is at it again. Sheesh.

Hey Aragorn, Wart's, Kohlenklau, and all the rest of you good dudes; hope you're all okay and that they're hanging low and full. Or maybe high and dry. Whichever you prefer!

Cheers!

See you next year.

Welcome back, MJ. Just ignore it, my friend and enjoy togethrt with us the announcement of this SUPERB battlepack, which will light up the darkness of autumn and winter!