Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

9 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I hope you mean real football? 

And on the subject of girls we must be careful in assuming likes and dislikes.  And there endeth my PC surmon.  And also there endeth my welcome here in the forum 😱.

Totally hear you Vacillator, but I was talking about my needs and just responding to my friend Aragorn's comment.  Others may differ.  I have a gay 22 yr old son (absolutely great kid) so am certainly not disparaging others.  Same w football -- I like the bad kind where people get hurt (american football), others like the kind where the crowd gets hurt instead (sorry, hooligan joke).  My frontal lobe is like "american football is bad for player health" but the All Seeing Eye (my reptile brain) loooooves it. 

But back on subject, why did Aragorn think the new RT release would be soon?  I was just assuming it was  the usual ~6 week thing 

11 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I hope you mean real football? 

And on the subject of girls we must be careful in assuming likes and dislikes.  And there endeth my PC surmon.  And also there endeth my welcome here in the forum 😱.

😁

Nah, people like you will always be welcome. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

Maybe English has changed since my birth in NYC.

Battle Pack 1 is available for pre-order.  Which I just purchased.

Now, I get an activation code back saying "There is no download for this product. Use the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key to activate the Pack".

The activation says:

* Base Game

* Engine v4

* Fire & Rubble

(but it was successful; that sounded promising)

I have v4 p2.11.

I launch the game.  I cannot find anything that wasn't there before my purchase.

How exactly is this going to arrive on my PC?  Thanks.

Sorry.  If I am failing basic English Comprehension.  (you will get old one day too)

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, George MC said:

Or download version 2.12 when it’s released which contains recent updates?

Say what George?  The instruction says that no download is required.  Sorcery - need to break out the 🧑‍🌾's.

Anyhoo, whatever works is just fine by me, your work is worth any amount of sorcery 👍.

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Say what George?  The instruction says that no download is required.  Sorcery - need to break out the 🧑‍🌾's.

Anyhoo, whatever works is just fine by me, your work is worth any amount of sorcery 👍.

I’m not a sorcerer- if that’s what it says. :) 
I only ride em. I don’t know what makes em work. 

Edited by George MC

4 hours ago, markshot said:

So, on a given calendar date, the changes will simply be unlocked?

Not quite...

4 hours ago, zmoney said:

Yes, most of the upgrades have been like that. I do not understand this sorcery either lol.

Yep its the new way of working.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Agreed LOL.  How can new files already be there?  Sorcery indeed.  Unless activating the code also splurges the new files to you?

No activation code does not download or extract anything. It has to already be there.

3 hours ago, George MC said:

Or download version 2.12 when it’s released which contains recent updates?

This is the magic. Except its not magic or even rocket science :D

It used to be there was a base game which could be patched and modules were separate downloads that added components. That lead to plenty of confusion and the need to know what was installable in what order.

Those days are gone. Everyone gets all the content on their systems and the keys just unlock what you get to play with. But you have to have the latest version when new content comes out. Guess why: because they deliver the new content in a patch and update the full installer so that everyone who updates has the new content files on their HD. All they then need to do is activate the key.

So technically the "There is no download for this product." is only partially correct. At this moment you do need to download something - the 2.12 patch. There is still no download directly tied to the battle pack but you do need the latest version of the game. After the 2.12 patch is out anyone that buys Red Thunder will already have the content they need to play the battle pack (and the other modules).

Everyone gets the new version and they can download the patch to move their 2.11 (or earlier) version to 2.12. Or they can download the full installer whatever works for you. We all get any fixes that go into that version, if there are any. Then at that point anyone who wants to purchase (or already did) can activate the battle pack.

Then it will work.

3 hours ago, George MC said:

I’m not a sorcerer- if that’s what it says

It disnae me auld mucker (mucka in my vernacular, hmmm the jury is out on that).  Pre-order is placed, and I agree with others that more could have ben charged 👍.

Edit: Google made me doubt myself 😬.

Edited by Vacillator

Thanks, Ian!

Well, at least, senescence, is pushed back a few years.  :)

Vacillator is right.  Most of these guys are so deep in their PBEM's, if you say "were out of fuel, they respond, "But my tanks!", not realizing there will be no heat Winter 22/23.  (Well, assuming they have laptops, they may experience the Ostfront in all its frostbiting glory.)  Usually, games come with epilepsy warnings, is BFC planning a frostbite warning?).

Edited by markshot