Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

@George MC could probably shed some light on this question 😉

The campaigns are not playable as the Soviets due to the makeup and strength of the German units at the time. That and creating AI plans for multiple sides. 

All of the scenarios are playable as Soviets vs Germans. Several are specifically designed to be playable that way. 

On 11/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, Commanderski said:

That would be a good idea....🙂

Bitter for the Mac owners among us. But if this is a matter of another month of waiting or even more, than release the Windows version. It doesn't sound like a solution for the Mac version is just around the corner.

10 minutes ago, verulam said:

I'm not going to pre-order again.

Sort of agree with you, as I would not have expected to wait over 2 months for release following pre-order, but it does give Battlefront some cash flow and offers them an idea of initial sales numbers, so I'm happy to support as long as my own cash flow isn't too negatively impacted at the time.

Still, some more comms about how things are going wouldn't go amiss - managing my expectations now you've taken my money and all that.

Costs nothing and stops threads like these getting feisty...

27 minutes ago, Russkly said:

Sort of agree with you, as I would not have expected to wait over 2 months for release following pre-order, but it does give Battlefront some cash flow and offers them an idea of initial sales numbers, so I'm happy to support as long as my own cash flow isn't too negatively impacted at the time.

Still, some more comms about how things are going wouldn't go amiss - managing my expectations now you've taken my money and all that.

Costs nothing and stops threads like these getting feisty...

My only reason to pre-order is to support the greatest scenario designer that ever lived: George MC. And he deserves all the support we can give him. Especially for the price of 10 lousy bucks. 

It will be worth the wait. More than that. 

4 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

My only reason to pre-order is to support the greatest scenario designer that ever lived: George MC. And he deserves all the support we can give him. Especially for the price of 10 lousy bucks. 

Agreed, which is why I do it, have done it and will conitnue to do it for virtually everything BF has released/will release since its inception.

The point was more about comms than about the principle of pre-ordering.

2 hours ago, Russkly said:

Agreed, which is why I do it, have done it and will conitnue to do it for virtually everything BF has released/will release since its inception.

The point was more about comms than about the principle of pre-ordering.

Absolutely. I've been in monasteries where there is more communication.

Love BF really 

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yeah, definitely don't tell BFC we'd pay more for this.  They can't see this, can they?  uh oh

I can't wait to fight George MCs mech kampfgruppe fights.  Can't wait.  Did a lot of fighting as russians w CMRT Berlin.  Now ready for the other side.  And no mud!  Nice summer fields.  

15 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Yeah, definitely don't tell BFC we'd pay more for this.  They can't see this, can they?  uh oh

I can't wait to fight George MCs mech kampfgruppe fights.  Can't wait.  Did a lot of fighting as russians w CMRT Berlin.  Now ready for the other side.  And no mud!  Nice summer fields.  

Full of burning tanks!

10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Bitter for the Mac owners among us.

Especially those who preordered in good faith ... 

Of course the easy solution would be to release this as a simple pack that could be downloaded and dumped manually into our game folders (at least for those of us who have a modicum of tech ability). Why we need a giant patch when nothing is being patched ... unless there is something else in the battle pack? I'm lucky enough to have both PC and Mac so I'll be copying the battle pack from my PC to my Mac if I have to wait more than a few days. Or is there a sudden divergence between the PC and Mac versions (other than the tournament system which I have zero interest in anyway.

Also would be interested to know why it still says on the purchase page that no download is necessary for this pack - where's it coming from then? Is it already embedded in the game, how's that work, GeorgeMC discovered time travel, went back to last April and injected his work into the Fire & Bubble release ... not.

This all smacks of utter tosh.

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Or is there a sudden divergence between the PC and Mac versions (other than the tournament system which I have zero interest in anyway.

Some good questions in here.....

The tournament system is not in this. 

Also would be interested to know why it still says on the purchase page that no download is necessary for this pack - where's it coming from then? Is it already embedded in the game, how's that work, GeorgeMC discovered time travel, went back to last April and injected his work into the Fire & Bubble release ... not.

This all smacks of utter tosh.

The last few module and Pack releases have not been separate downloads. This began when all of the games got all-in-one full game installers. The content for all modules and Packs are released in patches or, if you use the full game installer to install the game, are already installed when the game is installed. This Pack will follow that model. A patch will be released. Once the patch has been installed use the Activate New Products utility and enter your key to "unlock" the content. 

Why we need a giant patch when nothing is being patched ... unless there is something else in the battle pack?

Yes, there are some bug fixes in the patch. Here is what is in the ReadMe file that I wrote today:

* FIXED: The game correctly overwrites existing saved games when directed to
* FIXED: M3A1 scout car no longer has functioning non-WW2 thermal sight
* FIXED: APDS and turret speed now factored into QB prices
* FIXED: Blast values for some HE shells
* FIXED: APHE lethality versus infantry 
* FIXED: 251/2 vehicle mounted mortar now able to fire when vehicle ammo used but mortar and crew still have ammo
* FIXED: Building entry bug and troops breaking & running towards the enemy is corrected

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Some good questions in here.....

The tournament system is not in this. 

The last few module and Pack releases have not been separate downloads. This began when all of the games got all-in-one full game installers. The content for all modules and Packs are released in patches or, if you use the full game installer to install the game, are already installed when the game is installed. This Pack will follow that model. A patch will be released. Once the patch has been installed use the Activate New Products utility and enter your key to "unlock" the content. 

Yes, there are some bug fixes in the patch. Here is what is in the ReadMe file that I wrote today:

Thanks for the update and clarity Elvis. I hope that we will all see the pack soon.

On 11/9/2022 at 1:42 PM, Lucky_Strike said:

I'm lucky enough to have both PC and Mac so I'll be copying the battle pack from my PC to my Mac if I have to wait more than a few days.

That won't work. You'll need the patch. I sympathize as a fellow Mac user but we'll have to wait. Charles is working on it.

Dave