Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

11 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Since George has said that his work is done, my conclusion once again is that pre-ordering is completly pointless.

Apart from the fact that George is not the only person involved in the process.  Sure, nothing is going to happen until he's done his bit, and his work forms the bulk of the release, but others have bits and pieces to do as well.

8 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Apart from the fact that George is not the only person involved in the process.  Sure, nothing is going to happen until he's done his bit, and his work forms the bulk of the release, but others have bits and pieces to do as well.

Not sure I understand that. Will there be some kind of update/patch included in this battle pack as well?

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Not sure I understand that. Will there be some kind of update/patch included in this battle pack as well?

George builds the scenarios - other people do stuff like the mission graphics, coding it to package it, allocate licence keys upload it, host it and if it is going on Steam (and I'm not saying it is because I can't recall the plan for Steam releases) then Matrix have to their stuff etc etc ...

18 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

What @Combatintman wrote - the battlepack will become an integral part of the game exe download. In the short term a patch will be created that includes the battlepack. This might all complicated by work to create patch = other stuff might be considered (e.g. PBEM+++) then its going on Steam (my understanding) so you have all that additional stuff.

It'll come out for sure :) 

11 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

George builds the scenarios - other people do stuff like the mission graphics, coding it to package it, allocate licence keys upload it, host it and if it is going on Steam (and I'm not saying it is because I can't recall the plan for Steam releases) then Matrix have to their stuff etc etc ...

I see. Yes, that does indeed make a difference. Hopefully it will be done soon.

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

... my conclusion once again is that pre-ordering is completly pointless.

If I remember correctly from the time when you were waiting for Fire and Rubble, you were so annoyed about waiting for that DLC so people got annoyed by your complaints of being annoyed about the long waiting time. When the DLC finally arrived you promised not to complain anymore. But it seems that you almost are about to break that promise now when you're annoyed about waiting for this new DLC.

Just relax and take some deep breaths and all will be fine.

Edited by Anxel Torrente

1 hour ago, Anxel Torrente said:

If I remember correctly from the time when you were waiting for Fire and Rubble, you were so annoyed about waiting for that DLC so people got annoyed by your complaints of being annoyed about the long waiting time. When the DLC finally arrived you promised not to complain anymore. But it seems that you almost are about to break that promise now when you're annoyed about waiting for this new DLC.

Just relax and take some deep breaths and all will be fine.

You're right ofcourse. Okay, I'll do that. Cheers for putting me right. 

Edited by Aragorn2002