Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 pre-orders are now open

BFCElvis

Super excited about this to be honest.  I am in the final stages of The Breakthrough to Kovel which also focused on III Germania and the Wiking Panzers.

I CAN'T WAIT to have ANOTHER campaign focused around these units!!

And, I mean, it's @George MC stuff!!

Edited by Phantom Captain

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Excellent timing with the darkness of autumn ahead. Very curious about those master maps too.

After all those bitter years of you waiting 😉 for the RT module, now F&R 'just' been released and more content is already almost here. Better make sure you don't get a heart attack! 😉

13 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Definitely a buy for me.

Out of curiosity: Are there any QB maps in this one?

No additional QB maps. But there are 14 master maps which could/can be used as custom maps for a PBEM, basis of other player made scenarios etc or chopped up - could also be converted via adding AI plans to QB maps. 

The workload to create a bunch of QB maps was bit much fir me. 

Cheery!

Edited by George MC

10 hours ago, danfrodo said:

This is gonna be great.  YES I AM A FANBOY.  just to save some folks the trouble of saying I'm a CM fanboy and thinking they've insulted me when they haven't.

And  training scenarios for proper use of german mech infantry.  That's lovely.  

He! Aye there are three training scenarios - from squad/platoon; platoon with attached support; hasty company attack. 

Cheery!

32 minutes ago, George MC said:

No additional QB maps. But there are 14 master maps which could/can be used as custom maps for a PBEM, basis of other player made scenarios etc or chopped up - could also be converted via adding AI plans to QB maps. 

The workload to create a bunch of QB maps was bit much fir me. 

Cheery!

Could you share the list of those Master maps with us, George? If not, no problem, we'll soon drive our Panthers over them.

Edited by Aragorn2002

7 hours ago, George MC said:

Mind I put together this twitter thread a few years back. It’s one of the campaigns and also there is a standalone. 
https://twitter.com/georgemcr01/status/1160289586838462464?s=46&t=zWE5Z7g0QfXjVS90ATZiOg

Looks like it's gonna get hot.  I always feel invincible when I have a king tiger but then gun takes a hit.  Or bogs.  Or track hit.  Nooooooo.......  

I like this look at summer of 44.  Overall, it's a landslide as german forces are overrun everywhere but locally germans were able to punch back hard w mobile forces.  It only delayed the russians locally in general, but should be excellent well balanced fights w lots of maneuver.  I'm especially interested in seeing how I can use combined mechanized arms against soviets in meeting engagements.

I was thinking this morning that when I was a kid I liked three things:  football, baseball, and toy soldiers.  And I realized I still basically like the same three things (well, throw in guitars after age 12).  But toy soldiers are the only thing I can still actually play 🙂.

38 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

I like this look at summer of 44.  Overall, it's a landslide as german forces are overrun everywhere but locally germans were able to punch back hard w mobile forces.  It only delayed the russians locally in general, but should be excellent well balanced fights w lots of maneuver.  I'm especially interested in seeing how I can use combined mechanized arms against soviets in meeting engagements.

I was thinking this morning that when I was a kid I liked three things:  football, baseball, and toy soldiers.  And I realized I still basically like the same three things (well, throw in guitars after age 12).  But toy soldiers are the only thing I can still actually play 🙂.

You forget the girls, Dan. Football, baseball, girls and toy soldiers. 😊