German paratroopers vs Italians?

Is it possible to make a scenario with German paratroopers fighting Italian soldiers? And how does that work in the editor?

I would like to make a scenario about the fighting in Monterotondo in September 1943. And perhaps also  the raid to free Mussolini.

I believe it is, as long as the forces you want on either side are available in the game/time period.  From memory it's a trick to select two Axis or two Allied forces but switch one to the other side before doing the second.  That's sounds as clear as mud, so someone like our friend @kohlenklau will probably need to correct me.

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

I believe it is, as long as the forces you want on either side are available in the game/time period.  From memory it's a trick to select two Axis or two Allied forces but switch one to the other side before doing the second.  That's sounds as clear as mud, so someone like our friend @kohlenklau will probably need to correct me.

Thank you, Vacillator, that's quite clear. I will await Kohlenklau's comment, but yours is also good, I  think.

@kohlenklau

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank you, Vacillator, that's quite clear. I will await Kohlenklau's comment, but yours is also good, I  think.

@kohlenklau

In the editor, under the Mission menu is the data tab. At the bottom of the data tab is the force vs force selection. Set this to Axis vs Axis and you will be good to go.

5 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

In the editor, under the Mission menu is the data tab. At the bottom of the data tab is the force vs force selection. Set this to Axis vs Axis and you will be good to go.

That's even easier - perhaps I was thinking of a situation where you want for example a captured panzer in amongst your GIs?

21 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

That's even easier - perhaps I was thinking of a situation where you want for example a captured panzer in amongst your GIs?

It is the same process. Pick your forces as Axis vs Allies. You then set it to Axis vs Axis, select your captured asset, and then set it back to Axis vs Allies. 

23 minutes ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

It is the same process. Pick your forces as Axis vs Allies. You then set it to Axis vs Axis, select your captured asset, and then set it back to Axis vs Allies.

Nice, thanks for your clarification 👍

Hopefully Jacob can proceed - @Aragorn2002 I'm happy to be a play-tester or a PBEM opponent if it helps.

Edited by Vacillator

Hi Aragorn,

Here you go. Found it on FGM Scenario Depot III and another site called Leslie software (don't know if this one is still active though)

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/wpfb-file/rescuing-mussolini-rar/

I might be "releasing" something else where I'm using @kohlenklau's and @boygarvin's mods as soon as I've finished testing ... soon enough :)

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

When creating scenarios, not only can you maniputate forces you are allowed to select by changing (who is fighting who) as mentioned here, 

Which I have done multible times.

but You can also change the date of a scenario to select forces available from another date period and then change it back to the present date you are wanting to use.

On 6/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, Malaspina said:

Hi Aragorn,

Here you go. Found it on FGM Scenario Depot III and another site called Leslie software (don't know if this one is still active though)

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/wpfb-file/rescuing-mussolini-rar/

I might be "releasing" something else where I'm using @kohlenklau's and @boygarvin's mods as soon as I've finished testing ... soon enough :)

Cheers!

Dear Malaspina. I apologise for my late reaction. It has been a very chaotic year for me, due to sickness of my parents and such. So I lost track sometimes and neglected to react on time. Trully sorry about that and thanks for the link. Also looking forward to more of your work.