Any negative to moving exhausted units?

5 hours ago, dkchapuis said:

Is there any negative to keeping units moving once they are exhausted?  

I think they can't do any moves except walk. I have never experienced any exhausted units. However, when they are tired you can't plan a fast move. I assume you will lose quick, hunt, crawl or assault.

26 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Their accuracy shouldnt be affected. I have never noticed anything like that before

I can tell with a lack of oxygen going to the brain a marksman vision will suffer. Shooting doesn't make you fit, but you must be a fit person to perform well. Fit has numerous meanings we can talk about mental and physical fitness. If you get an order to crawl for a km you don't think much about your NCO.

Edited by chuckdyke

On 5/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Artkin said:

Exhausted units are such drama queens I swear. 

Their accuracy shouldnt be affected. I have never noticed anything like that before

I have not been able to tell if their accuracy is affected in game. But realistically it certainly should be affected. Aiming requires concentration, and I sure as heck can't concentrate on things when I'm tired. Spotting should also be harder for exhausted units, but I haven't tested whether it actually is.

I do think its going to be tough to quantify how "realistic" this is, or even what this is actually showing.

There's a quote around real world marksman accuracy, and how the same person who is 90% accurate on a range, is 9% accurate on exercise and 0.9% accurate in real conditions. If you're talking such small numbers to begin with, then judging the influence of comparatively minor factors becomes ever more difficult.

Having said that, cm generally rewards being taken seriously, and assuming that the model reflects reality. It's similar to bogging - tests have indicated that speed has no effect on bogging, but I'm not personally convinced by the clarity of those results.

So yeah, try to keep your guys unexhausted. Its generally a good idea, and I would be unsurprised if there weren't knock on effects in surprising and untested directions (do exhausted troops have lower morale?, etc.)

5 hours ago, domfluff said:

do exhausted troops have lower morale?

That is my impression but I have not tested it. Part of the issue is ready troops coming under morale effecting fire will displace and get out of there - thus at least partially preserving their morale. Exhausted troops are not able to do that. So

On 5/23/2022 at 4:06 AM, domfluff said:

Since there's often reasons why you need to move *right now* (e.g., incoming mortars), it's generally a good idea to keep them fit and happy.

is spot on.

I had always thought that exhausted troops suffer other penalties beside movement.  But, even if not, like buddy aid and other abstractions, keeping em in good shape just seems like the right thing to do.  Esp if one wants to play more "realistically".

18 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I had always thought that exhausted troops suffer other penalties beside movement.  But, even if not, like buddy aid and other abstractions, keeping em in good shape just seems like the right thing to do.  Esp if one wants to play more "realistically".

Very true.