Capturing ammo from surrendering guys

My small team is using 7.62 x 39 rounds. They have just captured an enemy team also using 7.62 x 39 rounds. But, looks like the ammunition amount has not changed.
Is it not implemented to take the enemy ammunition if it fits your needs?

This is what I would do.

owuxdx.png

1 hour ago, ncc1701e said:

Is it not implemented to take the enemy ammunition if it fits your needs?

In SF2 A Javelin team spent all their Javelins and I had the bright idea to acquire Javelins by a US Infantry squad. They moved to the position of the Javelin team who didn't take their Javelins in full view of enemy armor. It doesn't work to acquire munitions from other units outside their command structure. Let alone acquire from enemy units. 

• 2 weeks later...

BFC says they will not code in "scavenging" I think they said because that never happens in real wars. Baloney. What do we see in Ukraine?

Real or hokey or uncommon. Who cares. I absolutely love seeing my out of ammo German troops scavenging around the winter Sot front battlefield and maybe grab a PPsH in non-CM games!

I've always liked the idea of pixeltruppen picking up enemy small arms but can see why it isn't coded given it could be gamed to the extreme by competitive players. We probably don't want to see players go out of their way playing as the allies but trying t pick up every MG42 they come across.

One possible solution would be to restrict the picking up of enemy small arms to when units/pixeltruppen's own organic weapon is extremely low or out of ammunition. Essentially a last resort so they still have a weapon to fire.

16 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

One possible solution would be to restrict the picking up of enemy small arms to when units/pixeltruppen's own organic weapon is extremely low or out of ammunition

I think the suggestion was that if the enemy had the same ammo that you need, you should be able to pick it up?  However, as you can't even share with your own side except within a unit's command structure I wouldn't expect to be able to use the enemy's ammo.  Even though in reality it might happen.  Right or wrong, not my call 😀.

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

It would be something for campaigns. Major Victory you get the captured weapons on the occupied objectives. Total victory all the surrendered weapons. To be used by veterans and above in regards the skill required. 

I would like it as a scenario editor setting. scavenging on. scavenging off. So in the heat of battle, you could have your guys run out and try and scavenge a PPsH off a dead Russian soldier. Close Combat was a different game (in 2D) and I remember one awesome thing about it was this very aspect. 

8 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I would like it as a scenario editor setting.

Fair comment, I suggested for campaigns because we already have Soviet partisans using MG42's and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. In the present engine we must be careful who we make ammo bearers. Like Javelins for example, they must be the right shade of blue. Let alone scavenging from the enemy.

14 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

Taking enemy weapons is more complicated to code.

I can't see it coming because there may be a good reason for this. The game is about producing a tactical solution in each scenario. To rely on captured enemy equipment is probably not one of them. Or to rely on Audie Murphy standing on the engine deck to operate a .50 Call and kill a company of Waffen SS is another one.