New scenario with new map at the FGM Repository - Villiers le Sec

WimO

VilliersLeSec.thumb.jpg.a695ce196627edc856327e7ef6d78558.jpgThis announcement is a little dated since I posted the map a few weeks back. It is posted as a scenario '6th Green Howards to Villiers le Sec'. The map is historically correct and measures 3 km x 4 km. The Green Howards fought across this area from noon to late afternoon on D-Day.  Another wide open map, ideal for tank engagements. On D-Day the Germans were a little thin on the ground at this location. The counter-attack during the afternoon struck the Brits a few kilometers to the west. In the scenario I have imagined that a portion of the German counter-attacking force has drifted onto the map.  Another 'adjustment' is the need to eliminate the German battery in Crepon rather than bypass it and take it out on D+1 as happened historically.

I recommend Falaise's new Caen stone church skins for the correct look as well as building skings by TaL, Umlaut and my own Hauts Vents building skins. The latter have been renumbered so that they can be added without overwriting the modded skins of other modders.

Edited by WimO
Add image

once again a great map
you manage to capture the soul of Normandy
Bravo

But both on the Buron map and this one they appear in brick, I think it's because you used my 1st version of the mod.
The one online which is the latest version shows brick churches on your maps. For technical reasons I had to invert the numbering of the BMPs (00) Caen stone and (01) red brick

Whoops! Thank you for bringing that to our attention Falaise. Anyone can of course load the original scenario or map file into the editor, go to 3D view and SHIFT click on  the churches to change them to the Caen stone skin.