Why were the Nazis so stylish?

Patriotic Americans are proud of the uniforms worn by the Marine Corps in their dress blues with their stand collars, red trim, and gold buttons. Very spiffy. But nothing compares to the creations that were brought forth by Hugo Boss and not only on parade. The tailor's product was a smash hit; he succeeded in making his uniforms look not only stylish and elegant but also elite. They were a recruitment asset.

5d22386c72855342e7e4ee6160fd9c23.jpg

“For the first time in my life, I saw their uniforms in all their glory; up until now, I had only seen pictures in newspapers. The uniform included shiny boots, Nazi insignia on the sleeve, a visored hat with a skull embroidered in silver thread, and white gloves.” (1)
-Moshe Ziv, a survivor from the camps

Boss started his fashion label in Metzingen, Germany in 1931 where he joined the party . Even before then, he was numbered among Germany’s Nazi collaborators, producing early uniforms in a factory he’d bought in 1924. Eventually his company would use slave labor from the camps, many were worked to death.  But there is no evidence that he really adhered to Nazi doctrine, it seemed he was more of an opportunist.

In 1946, Boss was fined and stripped of his right to own a company, he died two years later. But his company lives on under his son-in-law, Hugo Boss Inc,, that is now a major luxury fashion house, selling high-end clothing and accessories around the world. Who said life is fair?

Several years ago, Russell Brand, the British comedian, was thrown out of the GQMen of the Year Awards after making comments linking Hugo Boss (the event's sponsor) to the Nazis during World War II. He said:

"If anyone knows a bit about history and fashion, you know it was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis.... But they looked (expletive) fantastic, let's face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality".
-Mail Online
A genius, he's not.

1- The OP might give the impression that Boss designed the SS uniforms.. These  were designed by the artist Karl Diebitsch and graphic designer Walter Heck in collaboration with Boss. His company produced them.