Different amounts of people deployed on map to total manpower

mowen

Hello,

I'm currently playing combat mission shock force 2. I like to keep records of my campaigns like keeping track of casualties and such. I've noticed that quite a lot of the time when I finish a battle and the end screen shows up and it will list men ok or wounded or killed and such that the total number is higher than whats actually on the map. For example the first mission of the British campaign where there is 111 men on the map but the end screen total is 118? Does the game add artillery or air support of something?

I'm counting the amount of men in each unit that are deployed on the map/mission and adding them together. For example the 7 men in 1 section, the 4 in platoon hq, the 3 men in the warriors ect. And totaling the numbers. 

It may be the designer has set reinforcement units to only enter on map after the scenario end time. This is usually done to either include high level HQ's in the C2 chain without them actually being on map, or to increase AI headcount so preventing an early AI surrender if high losses are seen.

These reinforcements will be counted in the battle end screen but will not yet be on map so distorting the numbers

P

9 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

It may be the designer has set reinforcement units to only enter on map after the scenario end time. This is usually done to either include high level HQ's in the C2 chain without them actually being on map, or to increase AI headcount so preventing an early AI surrender if high losses are seen.

These reinforcements will be counted in the battle end screen but will not yet be on map so distorting the numbers

P

Ah okay, that would make sence, thanks. I'm guessing that if it's a whole company on its own it doesn't need it as the first mission of the Canadian campaign the numbers are the same but if you have just like a section from the support company you need those hq's as "reinforcements" for them to be able to have c2.