Broad road map for expansions?

On 3/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, Jiggathebauce said:

Hey folks, loving CMCW. Was wondering if there would be any expansions this year or next, I didn't see anything about CMCW in the bones thread. Thanks

We do indeed have a road map... sorry but we can't share our plans yet beyond what Steve has hinted at.  If you can be a little more patient I think you will be pleased when we can make an announcement.

Bil

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 3:43 PM, Bil Hardenberger said:

We do indeed have a road map... sorry but we can't share our plans yet beyond what Steve has hinted at.  If you can be a little more patient I think you will be pleased when we can make an announcement.

Bil

If there will be scenarios please make some with big map and not too many units so there is room for manoeuvring. And enough time too. I think some current scenarios have too many units for the map size so things tend to "get stuck". I mean that after some turns neither side can do much without getting killed.

Edited by SlowMotion

A recent post I made. Consider it official. 

Ugh. I had written an long winded reply and then accidently deleted it. Lemma see if I can recreate it.

The war in Ukraine has altered some of our plans. There will be a Black Sea module but it will not be released until the time is right. Anytime soon would feel ghoulish and we don't feel comfortable about seeming to try and cash in on the tragedy. How long will it be until we feel differently? It depends. 6 months? A year? 2 years? Hard to tell right now.

The definite next release on Steam will be CMBN. We are not going to delay it for Battle Pack 2 to be finished but we are holding it back until the tournament feature is in. I think Slytherine has it penciled in for June but my hope is that it is May or late April.

When the tournament feature is finished it will be added to CMSF2, Cold War and Black Sea on both he Steam and Battlefront version. The first tournament will not be Cold War or Black Sea. 

After that on Steam will be Red Thunder. Probably 3rd quarter. The release change from Fortress Italy to Red Thunder is because the CMRT Pack is close to being finished already. 

That will put Fortress Italy as the 4th quarter release. It's Pack should be done by then.

We hope to for a CMFB with new module in the 1st quarter of next year.

Looking back at Steve's post, not much has changed other than the Black Sea module and the tournament feature not being finished yet. That about sums it up.

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/140718-2022-the-year-in-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1918575