Forum holidays

Generally, forums don't tend to promote the discussion of sanctions taken against folks. It never* goes anywhere good. I think we can draw our own conclusions about who's gone "off net" at any given point. And then keep those conclusiond to ourselves, in case we're barking up the wrong tree... :) I suspect there are as many people dropping out of that thread from fatigue as there are being handed time-outs, so drawing strong conclusions might be a fraught activity. Commenting on any such disappearances, doubly so.

* Well, vanishingly rarely... :)

19 hours ago, womble said:

Generally, forums don't tend to promote the discussion of sanctions taken against folks. It never* goes anywhere good. I think we can draw our own conclusions about who's gone "off net" at any given point. And then keep those conclusiond to ourselves, in case we're barking up the wrong tree... :) I suspect there are as many people dropping out of that thread from fatigue as there are being handed time-outs, so drawing strong conclusions might be a fraught activity. Commenting on any such disappearances, doubly so.

* Well, vanishingly rarely... :)

Yes you make a good point.  I was originally wondering whether checking out profiles or something might offer an indication but you're right, why would the forum indicate such a thing?  There have been a few new accounts posting some odd stuff and they seemed to have disappeared (no complaints) and some better-known persons posting some strange stuff and ignoring 'warnings'.  Oh well maybe they'll be allowed back some day.  And with that I'll cease before I get a ticket to the Bahamas 🏝️.