So which mods do you find essential for Cmx2?

Yskonyn

Now that the series has been out for quite a while we unfortunately also have to deal with a rather fragmented mod repository which makes certain mods hard to find.

Some famous modders have left the community for greener pastures elsewhere while others are still creating content.

So, what are your mods you have for all game in the series that you find essential mods to make the game even better or prettier for you?

I’ll start:

-HQS 5.0 for that added oompf in sounds (tweaked to remove the background ambient sound tracks with explosions and remove all music)

-Drakenlorde’s HQ Flames

-Vein’s special effects (other than flames)

-Rambler’s Trees (and Bocage)

-Half height horizon mods

-Juju’s interface mods

24 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

Now that the series has been out for quite a while we unfortunately also have to deal with a rather fragmented mod repository which makes certain mods hard to find.

Some famous modders have left the community for greener pastures elsewhere while others are still creating content.

So, what are your mods you have for all game in the series that you find essential mods to make the game even better or prettier for you?

I’ll start:

-HQS 5.0 for that added oompf in sounds (tweaked to remove the background ambient sound tracks with explosions and remove all music)

-Drakenlorde’s HQ Flames

-Vein’s special effects (other than flames)

-Rambler’s Trees (and Bocage)

-Half height horizon mods

-Juju’s interface mods

+1 to HQS. Little touches like calling in for fire and hearing rounds being fired off in the background on the radio.

Also, the first time I called in a guided bomb on a building in SF2 and heard air raid sirens *chef's kiss*

I wish there was a lot more of these little touches. Would give a lot more life to the game for very little work.

• 5 months later...

good post. and very good question.

I've gone off the vehicle skins, altho amazing and so cool...i found my self put off having some vehicles modded and some not with the complicated structure of CMFI. 

part in being the modders stopped etc, which is understandable etc, we all have our own lives to live...but in reflection i am happy with the default stuff, can see emblems and icons alot easier etc...

so, back to the question what is ESSENTIAL... 

1. would be the interface mods showing the wonderful graphics of the weapons etc..really adds to the game big time.

2. HQS ! sound is half of any form of entertainment maybe more, so why skimp on it..

3. uniform mods, Ez...the best.

4. effects mod, smoke, tracers, etc..flames to.

and with some subdued terrain mods and a few other small ones that is pretty much all im running with. 

bubba

• 4 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 7:57 PM, Yskonyn said:

Juju’s interface mods

I'm a bit late in posting here but hey ho.

I can't play the games without the above, thankfully now lovingly taken over by @Ithikial_AU.

On top of this some favourites of mine are @Lucky_Strike's Hedgerow Hell (and a Red Thunder variant), Aris' vehicles (he's not on the forum these days), @Mord's portraits and the fine work done by @kohlenklau.  Please gentlemen, blush ye not, praise is well deserved.

There are many others sitting in my Z folders, for which I'm also truly grateful.

• 1 month later...