Space and Naval Grognards should have a look at this

Been lurking around the forums for a while but felt compelled to register and share this since I'd never have found out about CM if not through similar word of mouth. There's a space/naval sim called Nebulous that has just dropped on early access and it immediately made me think of this audience - there's a great attention to detail and physical effects and modelling but also the depth around em warfare, damage control, missile use and ship customisation is just stellar (pardon the pun).

Think this guy does a great job of summarising it's potential so if you're intrigued have a gander:

• 7 months later...

Long time Mil sim friends and I have been playing this for several weeks. Written by Navy guy, and essentially Harpoon in space, so three dimensions. Perhaps a bit challenging to manipulate the controls for where you want to go, at least until you get the hang of it. Good practice in awareness of EW and jamming, using and countering. Not sure how finished it is at the moment, all these months later. - it could use more work!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

A bit late to the party but you should give Children of a Dead Earth a go. Turn-based but very realistic and a great challenge too. Working out the optimal orbits is great fun.

I wouldn't say COADE is turn based, although it can feel like that at times. Realistic space combat is even more of wait until something happens and then something happens at 50km/s and it's all over until the next encounter. 

H