Removing RPGs

Hey All, I'm working on a small scenario. I have Russian recon squads deployed, they naturally come with their RPGs. I was wondering if there is any trick to removing their RPGs while keeping a high ammo load. I can remove the RPGs by setting the squads to severe ammo, but that obviously limits ammunition carry. 

Related question, will squads transfer ammo from one to another? if the HQ squads have full ammo will they pass it around? I feel like I've seen this happen before, but never tried to investigate the issue. 

Best I can suggest is set them to the severe ammo so they have no RPG's and then manually reload their small arms ammo from a truck.

Ammo transfer will happen between squads in the same platoon ( afaik ), but they need to be within a couple of AS's and they don't physically pass it over, the presence of friendly units close by allows the depleted ammo unit to keep firing, but using the ammo of their neighbour.

24 minutes ago, Baneman said:

Best I can suggest is set them to the severe ammo so they have no RPG's and then manually reload their small arms ammo from a truck.

Ammo transfer will happen between squads in the same platoon ( afaik ), but they need to be within a couple of AS's and they don't physically pass it over, the presence of friendly units close by allows the depleted ammo unit to keep firing, but using the ammo of their neighbour.

Just tried, can you reload ammo in the editor or is this a first turn thing the player has to do? I dont see the acquire command in the editor. 

The wrinkle is this is something the AI has to do for itself. Might be that I just have to accept the ammo borging. Its a short engagement anyway, more important that OPFOR doesn't have RPGs than it can fight forever. 

Edit, FO teams have one less man, but no RPGs. LMG+2FO teams would replace the 2 scout sections I was looking to use in terms of firepower, but no RPGs. Probably the solution. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by BeondTheGrave